Priceline Hotel: 4* Halifax Westin Nova Scotian

rpb
By rpb,
in

I needed two nights (1/29, 1/30) in Halifax, NS and got the Westin Nova Scotian for $60USD/night. I'm very happy with this rate considering that the best price on the Westin website for these nights is $164CAD/night (before taxes). I searched, bid, and won using the BB PRICELINE link:

Rejected - $45 - 4* - Halifax

Rejected - $50 - 4* - Halifax + Dartmouth

Rejected - $52 - 4* - Halifax + Dartmouth + Bedford

Rejected - $40 - 3.5* - Halifax

Rejected - $45 - 3.5* - Halifax + Dartmouth

Rejected - $51 - 3.5* - Halifax + Dartmouth + Bedford

Rejected - $55 - 4* - Halifax => Received a rebid offer of $70

Accepted - $60 - 4* - Halifax + Dartmouth

The Westin Nova Scotian

1181 Hollis Street

Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 2P6

902-421-1000

I read the mixed reviews posted here for this hotel, so I have to ask...does anyone that has stayed here have any advice about specific things/rooms to request?

Cheers :)

Misc bidding info (as of 1/26/2011):

Out of the three regions in Halifax (Halifax, Dartmouth, and Bedford), only Halifax has any hotels 3.5* and above, which makes for a lot of great rebidding opportunities.

The hotel is non smoking and all the rooms are quite nice. If you need parking, Halifax has a winter overnight parking ban which the city uses as a money grab more than anything to do with snow removal. The hotel parking is not very well enforced so you might be able to park there for free. Next door is a large supermarket and liquor store. The only negative for me is the hotel will send you a message on the phone welcoming you to the Westin which will make you have to learn their message system or you might miss a real message. This will happen every day of your stay.

Thank you for all the helpful replies and PMs, everyone. I have checked in and am in a great room (x08) on a lower floor at the end of the hall, away from the elevators (though, I am right across the hall from the stairs). It seems like being pleasant and engaging the front desk staff (who were very pleasant themselves) goes a long way here (or anywhere). :)

The shuttle leaves the airport every hour on the hour and took 30-35 minutes to get to the Westin this evening (I was the last person to get dropped-off).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]