Priceline Hotel: Boston Logan August rejected 4* bids 8/3/11

valencia
By valencia,
in

They already immediately rejected it sayin git was an "on request" rate. I sent them a copy of the reservation i made after THEIRS so as not to lose the rate n case they would not honor it.. It was instant confirmation.

Actually, the rejection reply came back so fast it seemed like an auto-reply rejection letter! We'll see. I'm still bidding though. Logan, if it comes close, will be much more convenient I think.

Have gone up to $120 for a 4*. Cancelled the Westin reservation since they wouldn't price guarantee ( just like you said). It seems when THEY looked for the price, it was "on request".

Anyway, still have the dhr.com total $162. Not worth going any higher bidding changing from such a lovely hotel over a win where i would only save $10-$12.

Closer to the end of the month when I have to cancel the dhr.if I am not going to use it I will try again to see if prices have fallen, but at this point I imagine I will end up in luxury at the Westin and take in a couple hours in town on this quick overnight flight connection.

Valencia, I'm returning to this thread in part because I ironically ended up needing a Boston hotel on 8/3 too! Don't know if you'd still prefer a Logan hotel, but I just booked the Hyatt Harborside through Last Minute Travel for $140 ($164.70) total. LMT has both the Hyatt and Hilton for $140.

I don't know if anything is going on in Boston, but this sure was an expensive date. I don't actually need to be at Logan and might still keep bidding, but I have a sentimental attachment to the Hyatt and will probably just keep the reservation. Should we both end up at the Hyatt, perhaps fellow Better Bidding travellers can meet up for a drink. :)

Thereuare, I tried to use the LMT link but it didn't work.

Yes, I saw that, too.. and will take it into consideration. Is that a cancelable rate? The Westin is starting to look pretty darn luxurious right now.. but being at Logan might be better. Although my husband wants to go into town for dinner anyway, so.. price will rule my final decision. Thank you so much for checking in for me. Really appreciate it, as I might not have known about that deal.

makes you wonder at what price they will accept Priceline at 4* Logan , if at any?

Would definitely like to meet up for a drink.. but it would have to be a late drink, and actually, a light dinner would be better.

Valencia, the LMT rate can be cancelled up to three days before arrival. Since I've had so many positive experiences at the Hyatt Harborside, I'll most likely keep that reservation.

I'll send you contact info via email in case our schedules allow us to meet up for dinner or a drink.

Bid up to $130 and then bought the only 4* opaque hotel at Logan for $140 at LMT. I knew it was the Hilton from the decoding process explained on a thread here. The Hyatt Harborside has not been offered at LMT for my dates for a couple days.Your lastminutetravel link was not working. Sorry I couldn't finalize any of this saga through your links in the end.

Actually this is a very good solution as the Hilton is connected to the terminals so I think with our short layover I have been more than lucky in the end. I cancelled my dhr.com res. at the Westin Waterfront today.

Hopefully next time won't be so tedious. Boston sure is expensive in the summer! Wow!

My "budget" obviously was totally unrealistic for these dates this time of year in Boston. Of all the big cities I have bid on.. Boston and this year London in February have been the worst in the past 5 years.

I especially want to thank ALL posters when they post winning bids. Especially how they came to that bid. It really helps put things in perspective, helping others not waste time or overbid unnecessarily.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]