Priceline Hotel: Boston Logan August rejected 4* bids 8/3/11

valencia
By valencia,
in

Very early, but was giving it a try. Started at 4* $55 and went eventually with free bids to $70 for 4* Logan Airport. Hotel prices and Hotwire look fairly high to me, although I am not that familiar with the hotel normal fees. I hope prices come down before the summer. We have a very late night stopover and early flight out, so the airport is where we want to be.

Rates are a bit high for these dates and i don't see any conventions during this time frame, so it may just be a bit early... you could currently probably get the Sheraton for under $100/nite if you did want to stay Downtown, but not sure just how late you arrive and/or early you depart.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Valencia,

I've stayed frequently at both the Logan Hilton and Hyatt on PRICELINE bids and thought I'd share my experiences. While it might be coincidental, I have never bid successfully less than thirty days before my stay. Also, I haven't found good HOTWIRE rates at Logan before you get within that timeframe.

The $183 (I assume for the Hyatt) is about the lowest I usually find over the summer months, so I do think it's a matter of timing rather than occupancy. (Not trying to contradict thereuare -- I out of necessity just track Boston hotel rates more than he does!)

For peace of mind, you might book a cancellable reservation, and then continue bidding as your date approaches.

Thanks, Liset. I read somewhere someone ( maybe it was YOU?)mentioning they had not been lucky with Boston until a few weeks before, so I am not wasting anymore time on this right now.

Do you have a recent summer Logan win to share with me, or an idea of what I might be able to get? It seems the Embassy Sites is sold out ( called them) for some employee weekend or something. So is another place affiliated with them. So who knows. I hope to be lucky. Fortunately there are plenty of 4* free rebids for the Logan area.

Yes, you may have read it from me.....but I read it from others first!

Unfortunately, none of my PRICELINE stays were over the summer so I can't help you with what a winning bid might be.

But I do have a tip for a cancellable reservation. I had two stays at the Hyatt Harborside this past August -- on the front and back ends of a trip to London -- and needed to assure a room well in advance. I found a rate on GTA hotels that was less than the Hyatt rate. Hyatt not only matches but then will deduct 20% from any lower published rate.

They honored the price guarantee for both stays. On the first stay I had no problem. On the second stay the representative told me they couldn't match the price, but I called again and another representative honored the guarantee, so be persistent. Information on the price guarantee is on the Hyatt site, and this does have to be done by phone and not on-line. I didn't try bidding later on these stays because I was happy with the price, and frankly I forgot about it.

GTA has the Hyatt for $166 on 8/3, which would be $132 with the Hyatt price guarantee. If you decide to make a reservation this way, do verify that it is cancellable. It was over the summer, but I can't promise this hasn't changed.

I may be bidding for Logan in June, so if I do and if I'm successful I'll be sure to post the win.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

• 4 months later...

Have now done several days of bidding starting at $80 and going up to $90 with no luck at 4* at Logan. So many of the other star ratings have hotels WAY out.. it seems it might be better to add Waterfront and pay for the taxi both directions ( we will have golf clubs and bag...)

I saw an interesting rate for the Westin Waterfront for $135 plus tax..

Will keep trying. I use your PRICELINE links here.

The Silver line (it's more of a bus in a tunnel then a train) does go from the Airport to the Waterfront area, and the stop is very close to the Westin. Depending how manageable your luggage and golf clubs are it could be do-able (although i'm not sure of the rules for what size luggage is allowed on the Silver line)

The Westin website puts taxi fare at ~$20 each way.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

hmm. with the taxi add on I imagine we will probably pay for something at Logan in the end if we don't get lucky closer to the date. I see I can go quite high on priceline and still save SOMEthing! We have a very early fight.. 6.30am

Have gone up to $95. Seems like at most whenever I win this bid it will be a savings of maybe $20, considering I can get a 20% discount off lowest price I have found on another website with their price guarantee ( IF they authorize it, of course).. so.. just not panning out like I had hoped this time.

$100 still not doing it... do you think this is a question of time? Any idea how high one would have to go seeing the high ($189 Hyatt) and even higher ($219 Hilton) rates? Seriously considering dropping * level although getting the Four Points will not make me too happy. There must be an event because even the Comfort Inn is high as well as Hampton Inn.

$100 still not doing it... do you think this is a question of time?
Can't say if things will get better, or worse, in the next 2 weeks, but it seems as if rates have gotten higher since you've started this search, correct?
Any idea how high one would have to go seeing the high ($189 Hyatt) and even higher ($219 Hilton) rates? Seriously considering dropping * level although getting the Four Points will not make me too happy.
Not sure how much you're thinking of bidding for a 3*, but HOTWIRE has what i'm guessing to be the Wyndham for $135/nite, which if your 3* bidding gets somewhat high, you could consider since this offer doesn't appear to be the Four Points, which you're trying to avoid.

Is the DHR.com offer still available?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

And the Hyatt is fully booked suddenly as is the Comfort suites Logan.. This is turning into a nightmare. In retrospect, the Westin was probably an error.. $137 instead of $237. Only myself to blame for not dealing with it at the time. Well.. back to the drawing board. There must be something HUGE going on.. is all I can say. That baseball game you mentioned in another post must be pulling people in a few days early. I will take a look at the Hotwire offers again.

Have bid up to $90 for 3.5*

$75 for 3*

The Westin is back at dhr.com for $137 so I am looking into the price guarantee and how that will possibly work out. If the airlines will keep our luggage overnight for our connection flight 9 hrs later.. might not even have to take a taxi both ways to the Waterfront.

It certainly would be a step above anything else I seem to be able to get for even more money.

Unless you're looking for the 2K starpoints on a best rate guarantee, i'd potentially just book the dhr.com rate and be done with it... savings an extra 10% of the $137 rate is less than $15, and while that alone may not be enough for hoops i suspect starwood will put you thru for their BRG, the bigger fear for me would be the dhr.com rate disappearing again while you wait to hear back from Starwood (unless of course both rates are refundable, which makes it easier to book both and then cancel whichever is necessary depending upon your successf/failure of the best rate guarantee claim)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I just booked the cancelable Westin Waterfront ( I THINK/hope through your support link here, ) and sent them a best rate guarantee claim with dhr.com info. I then booked the cancelable dhr.com through your link to be sure I had it in the bag at $137.. hopefully less, if the claim comes through.

I have until July 30th to cancel dhr, and August 2nd at Westin if something much better comes up at Logan.. but this is a pretty good alternative and worth the splurge, I think.Thanks for all suggestions.. will keep posted if any change!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]