Hotwire Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Santa Monica) Ocean Luxury Suites

mr_snrub
By mr_snrub,
in

I'd like to issue a huge warning on this particular property!

This is not exactly a hotel. It's a small apartment building that rents out their rooms. The hotwire room, #204, is on the second floor directly above a raucous restaurant. The floors were vibrating!! There are also single pane windows that let in A LOT of the noise from Ocean Ave.

The lock on the door was busted and I wasn't able to secure the room. The bed was sub-par, along with the 1960's era kitchen appliances. Parking is at another hotel a block away.

Beware that there is NO FRONT DESK. There isn't anyone to go see or call if you have problems. No one answers the number Hotwire provides either.

Your mileage may vary, this was my experience. I've stayed at a lot of 3* Hotwire properties that are very nice. This was a 1 star roadside motel at best that they are attempting to remodel.

After wandering around for about 5 minutes, I found someone else in a hallway and asked where one checks in. He laughed at me and told me it wasn't a hotel....they were apartments. Then he took me to room 301 and said maybe the would know. It was basically the owner's apt, and his kid brother was watching the place. He said just down to the room and it should be unlocked and ready to go.

No key could be found for the deadbolt and the handset was busted.

Very disappointing. I made a complaint with Hotwire and am awaiting a reply.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]