Hotwire Hotel: 3* Ft. Lauderdale (Airport FLL) Wyndham

todd-r
By todd-r,
in

Yes, some may say to 'pay' $175 per night for a 3 star hotel might be crazy, BUT... and there's always a but, it worked like this:

I identified the only 3* Ft. Lauderdale (Airport) hotel as the Wyndham - it came up as $175 per night.

I then checked the Wyndham website and it's showing a web rate of $135 per night.

So, I quickly do the math for the Double the Difference Guarantee and decide to 'go for it!'

Nightly rate = $175

2 nights

Hotel Total = $350

Tax/fees = 46.95

Total = 396.95

Additional Savings $20.00 (first time booking discount @ $10 per night)

Total Price = $376.96

Less: $160 (double the difference guarantee 2*[175-135=40*2=$80]

Less: $30 (Entertainment discount)

Revised total: $186.95

Gross per night = 93.48

Net per night = $70

I believe this is what is called the Hotwire trifecta:

(DD Gty/GIFTCARD06/Entertainment).

note: here are the Wyndham amenities -

3* Airport

Shuttle, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, Tennis Nearby, Business Center

Also, I checked again today and the rates are still as above. Neither Hotwire nor Wyndham have made any rate adjustments!

:)

well, priceline is ALWAYS a better bet in my opinion..........glad it worked out for you this time with hotwire though

you probably could've gotten those nights for a LOT less money using priceline and not had to jump thru all the discount hoolahoops

I'm sorry but $175 a night, when the hotel's own webiste is showing $135 just PROVES hotwire's rates don't offer any DISCOUNT

thank god for the double the difference thing

I just got a 3* in Tampa,FL for $52 a night (Before Tax)..........not like you can compare the two but hey sometimes you can!

anyways, at least with priceline if you overbid then you're responsible for it, but hotwire is responsible for making people think they're getting a good deal when they're really not

please don't interpret this as a negative comment

I'm just saying you're lucky it worked out for you, but in all honesty you could have saved more by using priceline in this case

He bought this because of the Double the Difference Guarantee.

You also have to realize that price isn't always the only factor... sometimes users like to know the hotel they wil get beforehand, sometimes specific hotels are targeted due to the location working out for their plans, sometimes there is an amenity that is wanted/need, etc, etc.... none of these things which priceline typically enables you to do.

Try to keep in mind that not everybody looks at hotels with the same mindset as yourself.... users should use whatever service works best for their needs and their own particular situation.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just got a 3* in Tampa,FL for $52 a night (Before Tax)..........not like you can compare the two but hey sometimes you can!

Just an update to confirm that I received confirmation of the Entertainment $30 credit today. So, yes, you can combine all of the discounts!

And to ufjoe21 - I knew exactly what I was doing. A net price of $70 per night during a busy cruise season at a hotel that offers shuttle service to both the airport and Port Everglades, is a steal.

Somehow I don't think your deal in Tampa really compares.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]