Hotwire Hotel: $89 4* Chicago (Mag Mile-Streeterville) 8/30-9/1

LexLuthor
By LexLuthor,
in

Just starting to plan now, so we might not be booking immediately.

Looking at 4* Chicago (Mag Mile-Streeterville) for 2 adults, 8/30-9/1.

Found Hotwire Listing for $89. TA 4 out of 5. 90% hotwire recommended.

Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, High-speed Internet

Seems like the only exact match based on the thread here is the Wyndham Chicago.

Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers and Swissotel also look like they have pools and the other amenities match, but have never come up identically, like the Wyndham. Those both have a TA of 4 out of 5 as well.

Could it be any others?

What are your thoughts?

The Wyndham is $144 non-refundable on their website.

How's $89 for that area, that time of year? How is that hotel?

Are we better waiting a few months or just go for it now if we know we'll be there those dates?

Thanks in advance.

This could be the Wyndham or a new alternate amenity set for the Swiss or Sheraton.

$89 is a reasonable rate for a 4* for this time of year, although there may be a few dollars (but not a ton) of downside, depending on how traffic fares. Lollapalooza is thankfully earlier in the month, as is the Air and Water Show. There may be specific conventions on this date, but I'm not recalling anything major normally happening on these dates.

I've stayed at the Wyndham a few times, and I really had an issue the first time with billing and it was a real hassle to get it taken care of (double billed.) The next time, the customer service was better and the time after that, better still. I think there are a couple of aspects of this property that still need to be worked on, but there are other aspects that I think are fantastic: the rooms feel large and open, the location is terrific, the property has been spotlessly clean every time, quiet and very nice public spaces. Some people have said in reviews they've heard street noise: I can't say the same thing, every time I've gone here I've found it enjoyably quiet.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]