Priceline Hotel: Help with Cape Canaveral March 10, 2011

LaShelle2
By LaShelle2,
in

I want cape canaveral country inn and suites. this is the only 2.5* on PL in this area from my understanding, just trying to strategize the right price to bid.

bid $50 2.5* rejected

next day bid $55 rejected

today bid $60 and added coco beach area rejected

Seems as if prev posters are getting this for $50-60. What am I doing wrong? Am I bidding to early out?

There is no way to know for sure if rates will come up or down the closer it gets to your stay. If traffic comes in lower than expectations, rates may come down; if it's a busy time period or there is something going on in the area, rates could go up closer to your stay or may not come down from higher levels.

What would be your desired budget per night?

Additionally, there may be other 2.5* properties in this zone and you could possibly get a bid upgraded to 3*.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I was hoping for less than $70 per night. Maybe they are just overbooked for the day I need a room?

I was hoping for country inn because i need the cruise parking and shuttle. I believe they ar the only 2.5* in the area, so I am hesitant to add 3*. The money saved may be wasted on parking and shuttle and would be more than booking direct.

Will continue to play with the numbers and see what happens.

I believe they ar the only 2.5* in the area, so I am hesitant to add 3*.

Even if this property is the only 2.5* in the area, keep in mind that when you bid the star rating you select is the minimum you're willing to accept... PRICELINE can always upgrade your 2.5* bid to a 3* or higher rated hotel.

Anytime you use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE with a specific hotel in mind it's a calculated risk.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i need the cruise parking and shuttle
I have been looking at this zone for mid-February (will start a new thread if needed) and also need cruise parking/shuttle and you should know that booking through PRICELINE (or HOTWIRE) will not guarantee your cruise parking as the hotels have different rates for rooms wit cruise and park.

It is mentioned in this Hotwire Cape Canaveral thread... and if you look to book direct through the hotel, you will notice that there are different rates for a room vs. a room that includes cruise parking/shuttle.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]