Priceline Hotel: 2* Newark (Newark - Newark Airport EWR) Ramada

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

made another same day bid in the Newark area and used savingsbarn.com to access the PL website. I didn't want to get stuck with the Sheraton 4 Points, so I started in the Newark-Newark Airport zone with a 3* and bid $52, but was rejected. Added 2.5*, rejected. Added 2* and won. (I THINK)

Your Offer Price: $52.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $52.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $14.72

Total Charges: $66.72

Plenty of mixed reviews on tripadvisor.com, this place looks fine from the photo on the website. Lobby not too bad, the rooms are decent sized but a bit worn. Upon check in, I asked for and received a non-smoking room, but it seemed like the clerk had to get aproval from the manager to meet my request. I had to change rooms because I could not get a signal on my wireless card as well as there were two voice mail messages intended for the previous guest....something like "I'm going to come back and get you". I asked for and got a new room, and after a call to tech support, finally got a signal and was able to use the $9.95 per day wireless internet. The rate on the Ramada website was $119, but on the Hotel's direct website, the rate was $55 for a non-cancellable smoking room. Lots of aircraft noise, so light sleepers might want to avoid this property...oops, there goes another jumbo jet flying a mere 100' above me...... :) Is this a new property for the list of pinned hotels? At least this reservation was not totally for naught! The Hotel has an airport shuttle and a mini-workout room, an outdoor pool, and a restaurant with cocktail lounge on site.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]