Hotwire Hotel: 3* Austin (Arboretum-Mopac) Holiday Inn

betsybug
By betsybug,
in

Don't bid this zone if you don't want the Holiday Inn NW Plaza. I don't and I got stuck with it despite all my research that I thought had identified all the possible 3* properties in this zone. I wanted to avoid the Holiday Inn and I thought that would be simple - it was the only 3* property in the zone that had a restaurant. The Holiday Inn has these amenties in the Hotwire system and on the telephone booking as confirmed by a supervisor:

Pool, Fitness Center, Business Center, Restaurant, Laundry

But Hotwire on line yesterday gave me the Holiday Inn when I selected a hotel with these amenities:

Pool, Fitness Center, Business Center, Restaurant, Laundry

I got the Holiday Inn when I tried to add extra nights minutes after getting the Hyatt Place (great hotel!) for the first night. Apparently the amenities showing on line are the same for these two properties.

I know Hotwire selectively does not post all the amenities to keep the identity more opaque. Sometimes a Suite, Kitchen, or Laundry is omitted. But a Restaurant!? I've never seen Hotwire leave that off. That's really going a little to far on the opague booking model, I think. Don't you think Holiday Inn and Hotwire could see that they might lose some bookings from people that would want a restaurant?

Sorry to hear you received a hotel you were hoping to avoid.

I have seen hotels where all the amenities were removed from the list, and others which just showed some thing common like just a Hi-Speed Internet icon... even though the hotel has many more amenities (and has shown many amenities in the past). All that is certain is that the hotel will have the amenities listed... not necessarily that they wont' have any amenities which are not shown.

Thanks for sharing your purchase with the board and helping us add this new amenity combination for this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope your stay goes better then you expect.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry to hear you received a hotel you were hoping to avoid.

I have seen hotels where all the amenities were removed from the list, and others which just showed some thing common like just a Hi-Speed Internet icon... even though the hotel has many more amenities (and has shown many amenities in the past). All that is certain is that the hotel will have the amenities listed... not necessarily that they wont' have any amenities which are not shown.

Thanks for sharing your purchase with the board and helping us add this new amenity combination for this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope your stay goes better then you expect.

Wow. No or just 1 amentity listed?! Hotwire is making it tough.

By working with the local hotel I was able to get Hotwire to cancel both the Holiday Inn bookings. The one I made on line (thinking it would be the Hyatt Place) and the replacement the HW telephone agent made for me (that he thought would not produce the Holiday Inn). A polite request was all it took with Holiday Inn manager, who could see we just were not a good fit for this stay.

But the exeperience led me to believe that the perceived advantage of Hotwire - some clues to the hotel to reduce bidding risk--less compelling.

In the end, I'm not doing PL or Hotwire in a zone that has one hotel I want to avoid - which is usually the cheapest in my experience - and often times a Holiday Inn.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]