SNA Orange County Midsize Budget

dablackguy
By dablackguy,
in

Not too happy with this bid, actually i dont really like the bidding process for cars. The one bid per day for a certian car type. But anyways day 1 i bid $12. Day 2 i bid $13 declined. day 3 i bid $14 and declined. Day 5 i noticed on hotwire prices dropped about $3. I think i could have won at $13 or $14 bucks but won at $15.

Your Offer Price: $15.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days: 3 days(2 days and 18 hours)

Subtotal: $45.00

Taxes and Fees: $18.02

Total Charges: $63.02

Lowest Published Price: $94.66

Total Savings:* $31.64 (You saved 33%)

I used the PRICELINE link from these fourms.

Congratulations on your success!

Sorry if you're not happy with this bid (or the car rental bidding process) but i certainly wouldn't sweat any potential overbid of $2-$3... better to focus on the $20 and $30's you can usually save with PRICELINE :)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Just following up

We booked this, called the pick up office in SNA while in Canada and confirmed how we were paying (Debit) and when we got there we found out our debit cards are not welcomed. they must have a visa or master card logo on that. In Canada the only things that have that are credit cards which we did not have. A little disappointed that the paperwork from priceline did not show this. after speaking to a priceline rep we were informed that these details can be found on pricelines website. it wasn't a lot of money to throw away but it did suck. I guess we know for next time.

Sorry it didn't work out.

At the bottom of Priceline's Bid Summary page there's a box to check if you ONLY have a debit card. Checking the box doesn't prevent you from bidding, but it filters out those companies that won't accept debit cards from accepting your bid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]