Priceline Hotel: 5* Singapore failed .

zclord
By zclord,
in

bid 4* up to 90 and 5* up to 100 in all the areas failed again...

hotwire shows Mar/6/11 - Mar/8 4 star Singapore - Central area Hotel $101 ,but Mar6-7 is 99 but Mar/7-8 does not show this room.

6/Mar is Sunday, and 7/Mar is monday , whether I should seperate it into 2 days to bid? and I know that not easy to extend next stay at the same rate. caught in trouble now...

Given all the hotels show no amenities, I think Singapore may be a fairly new area for HOTWIRE and is still updating/gather info about the properties... unfortunately this does give much to go on in an attempt to figure out what type of 'true' quality you may receive.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have a back-up plan? Cancelable reservations are always a good idea. Then you can bid up until the very last.

You've still got quite a bit of time. Sometimes hotels don't give rooms to Priceline inventory until the last few days.

Are you bidding all the zones? That will improve your chances, assuming the areas work for you.

It might be time to bid the 4* up to as high as you have bid the 5*?

Romelle

Do you have a back-up plan? Cancelable reservations are always a good idea. Then you can bid up until the very last.

You've still got quite a bit of time. Sometimes hotels don't give rooms to Priceline inventory until the last few days.

Are you bidding all the zones? That will improve your chances, assuming the areas work for you.

It might be time to bid the 4* up to as high as you have bid the 5*?

Romelle

yes, back up plan is some small hotel.

thanks, i tried all the areas inlcuding 4*, my budget is $100, seems hv to wait several days. :)

yes, back up plan is some small hotel.

thanks, i tried all the areas inlcuding 4*, my budget is $100, seems hv to wait several days. :)

Have a look at Priceline Singapore Site - name your own price - They say under best deals of the week - 5 star City hall/Marina Bay area - won at $120SG. Maybe its worth a look or an enquiry.........I find they get back to you pretty quickly

also is staying 3 nights a possibility..... wotif.com have a minimum 3 night stay at $120SG a night for 2 persons for your dates at Hotel RE.......................................

:) I am up to $145 for 5 star in Orchard and Marina Bay on Priceline .... Looking for Sunday April 10 - one night

In June 2010 - got Conrad for $97 ... no clue why I can't get near the same.

There are a number of reasons why rates are higher this year:

Weaker US dollar

Strengthening travel industry

Day of week (I only checked one other day, and your Sunday actually was lower than the following Wednesday so maybe can rule this one out)

Local events/conferences/holidays/etc.

More savvy travelers using PL so hotels don't have to offer such bargains

And ??

Hard to say just which one(s) are impacting your trip, but I'm happy to read you have a back-up plan. Meanwhile, you can hope for a last minute deal, consider other zones or consider the 4*s. You still have quite a bit of time left.

There are some cities for which Priceline sometimes just doesn't work. I've had bidding difficulties with Rome and ended up using some alternate solutions, and recently was only partially successful with Key West. Other bidders have reported problems with other cities.

Retail (the direct purchase side of Priceline) Singapore 5*s range from $205 to $576. I don't know which ones are in your bidding area, but if the lower ones are, your bids are still less than 50%. The Conrad you mention is $311. With a 50% discount it would still take a $156 bid to win. The 4* retail hotels start at $119. Prices are for your date of course.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]