Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Short Hills-Summit) Grand Summit Hotel

dct61
By dct61,
in

I tried to bid on the HYATT in JERSEY CITY....the bid failed. I looked for a free rebid zone and noticed that the SHORT HILLS/SUMMIT zone had no hotels mentioned, so I added that area. Much to my surprise, it came up that I had got a hotel...however, it was in the SHORT HILLS/SUMMIT zone. Apparently PRICELINE has added hotels there. The hotel was in the 3-star level and it was THE GRAND SUMMIT HOTEL.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Can you please add the amount of your winning bid and the date of your stay.

You made a mistake by using the hotel lists as the source of figuring out what star levels are offered in each zone. From the top of every hotel list on the board:

This list is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Priceline offers in this area, it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum. Hotels are added/removed by Priceline all the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time. As well, the geographic boundaries of an area are subject to change, so it is always a good idea to look at the Priceline map before purchasing.  DO NOT USE THIS LIST to determine what areas to add when attempting to bid again within the 24 hour window (CLICK HERE for information on how to add cities in order to bid again).

The correct way to determine your re-bid zones is explained in PRICELINE REBIDDING EXPLAINED. Please read it and ask any questions you may have, as well as ask for help before your future bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think it was not a mistake; it was just that the new hotel Grand Summit Hotel was recently added. I have been bidding for the area for over a year from any combination of $45 to over $100 and never got anything.

Whenever there is a new hotel added in an area by Priceline, someone got to be the first one got it !!! In any case, this is great hotel, and I have been there. Also, bring your Entertainment Book, this hotel has a nice restaurant accept the coupon so you can save both on hotel and dinner ...

Well...Im embarrased as to the amount I bid. Like I said, I thought I was using a free rebid zone because no hotel was listed in the SHORT HILLS/SUMMIT area. The date was for the evening of october 4 2005. The amount was $100.00. I wont be able to use this hotel because I need to be in the immediate area of the HYATT that evening. Ill just have to rebid closer to the october date at a more reasonable price and hope for the HYATT...but will be ok with the DOUBLETREE. An expensive lesson...but one day ILL look back and laugh...hopefully. GREAT website by the way.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]