Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* NYC (MTE) 2/18-2/21/11

zoischa
By zoischa,
in

I am looking on Hotwire for the dates above. There is a 3.5* hotel listed with the following amenities: fitness, restaurant, hi-speed internet, business center. Traveling would be 1 adult, 1 child. If I change it to 2 adults, 1 child, does that guarantee me two beds? Price is showing $5 more/night if I change the number of people. Not that it is the same hotel if I list just 1 adult 1 child. If I did book 2 adults, 1 kid, and only 2 of us show up is that a problem? At what number of people do you get a reservation for 2 beds?

NYC is a tougher situation, given the fact that many rooms are smaller-than-normal and rooms with two beds often command a premium given the lower supply in comparison to most major cities.

With HOTWIRE, if you indicate three people you are ensured bedding for more than 2 people; that is generally two beds, although it could be 1 + sofabed or other combination. In New York City, given the amount of rooms with two beds, the hotel *could* offer you two beds, but there's definitely a greater chance they may offer some other sort of bedding option.

The listing could be the Doubletree Met, Roosevelt or Hilton Manhattan East.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply, Aaron. I decided to book directly with Marriott as they have a new property (I believe just opened 2-3 months ago) in Chelsea (Fairfield Inn & Suites) and I was able to get a cancellable reservation for $120/night for the dates I am seeking. There is a link here for booking on Marriott, isn't there? I can always rebook.

I did have another question which came up when searching for these dates. When I put in two adults I got a lower rate than when I put in 1 child 1 adult making it seem as if there is a surcharge for bringing a child (although it's still just two people - one of them happens to not be an adult). I tried to find a post for this but came up unsuccessful. Has anyone noticed that in the past? I didn't see it just now when I searched, however.

Assuming the price difference is small between booking 2adults/0children vs. 1adult/1child that is just typical HOTWIRE price fluctuation (their prices often change from one search to the next) and not likely specific to one reservation being for one child and the other not.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]