Priceline Hotel: 2.5* South Bend Fairfield Inn and Suites

bluedevils
By bluedevils,
in

Didn't play this like a pro but it worked out alright.

First bid $37 on 2.5* Mishawaka-Granger, hoping for 2.5* Courtyard (has pool AND hot tub, and a newer property) or 3* Hyatt Place. Bid rejected, PL suggested I increase bid by $15 to $52 and re-bid...um, no thanks!

Added South Bend zone and bid $42. Was expecting a 3*, either Hyatt Place in Mishawaka-Granger, Marriott in SB, or Residence Inn in SB. Bid accepted for Fairfield Inn & Suites South Bend at Notre Dame which was NOT on the betterbidding pinned hotel list. This looks like a new property, less than 6 months old, across the street from Notre Dame, really good breakfast, indoor pool, and 24 hr gym. Pretty happy with the outcome...just hope we are accommodated in a 2-queen room when I call later. Someonen on tripadvisor.com reported a bad experience with room choice.

Used this site's PRICELINE link to start my bid process, even though it costs me a couple bucks in foregone cash back through other sites! Keep up the good work on this site.

• 2 months later...

Very late update -- we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Breakfast was good, although the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches were a letdown (microwave them from refrigerated). Hotel was very sharp, newer, nice. Great location across the street from University of Notre Dame. We were told by staff that Priceline rooms were not allowed to be put in 2 queen bedrooms, but the staffer on the phone took care of us anyway.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]