Priceline Hotel: 1* Orange County (Disneyland-Anaheim) Econolodge Maingate

dablackguy
By dablackguy,
in

Started my bid on Jan 8th 2011 for my trip Feb18-feb21st 2011.

Just looking for somewhere cheap as we wont be in the hotel much.

Bid #1 - 1/8/11 1star hotel in the Disneyland Anaheim zone $19.00 DECLINED

Bid #2 - 1/8/11 1star hotel added Disneyland Orange (Garden Grove) $23.00 DECLINED

Bid #3 - 1/11/11 1star hotel in the Disneyland Anaheim zone $25 DECLINED

Bid #4 - 1/11/11 1star hotel added Disneyland Orange (Garden Grove) $26 DECLINED

Bid #5 - 1/12/11 1star hotel in the Disneyland Anaheim zone $28.00 DECLINED

Bid #6 - 1/12/11 1star hotel Priceline offered to accept if i added $15-$45 onto my bid. I declined

Bid #7 - 1/12/11 1star hotel added Disneyland Orange (Garden Grove) $34 ACCEPTED

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $34.00

Subtotal: $102.00

Taxes & Fees: $21.93

Total Charges*: $123.93

im Happy with the bid. I budgeted the hotel portion of my trip to total no more then $126.00 after tax.

I used the PRICELINE link from these fourms.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to follow up on this hotel incase others are still planning a trip to the area.

We thought that we were going to be 20mins away from disneyland when we booked but when arriving at the hotel it seemed really close. the ART bus stops just past the intersection. Its about a 2min walk from the hotel. 3mins if the toddler decides not to go in the stroller. The ART bus comes every 20mins. we never waited longer then 10mins. and the ride to Disneyland is about 6mins.

We got our money's worth. we didnt stay in the hotel at all and paid next to nothing for it. Its very spacious. it is a 1star but i still wish they would revamp the washrooms. curtans and paint was a little dated. all in all id stay here again.

While I don't mean to make light of your finances, Anaheim usually has ample quantities of unsold 3* and 4* rooms, and $10-$15 more would certainly have garnered you one of 'em. For example my $43 2.5* bid was upgraded to the 3.5* Crowne Plaza. (While the CP charges a $12 resort fee including internet, most others don't.) Most Anaheim hotels also have a free DL shuttle. I never bid below 2.5* on PL in any locality in which a 2.5* or better property is offered.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]