Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Ka'anapali - Lahaina) Sheraton

nohochin
By nohochin,
in

My first attempt at a resort in Lahaina, I bid $135, rejected, but when rejected a message came up saying if I raised my price by $22 it would be accepted. I figured the price was in line with what other people have paid, so just went ahead and did it. Looks really nice! Me and my wife are very excited!

Nick

The percentage you overpaid is de minimus, but next time if you want to save a few bucks do not accept priceline's counter-offer. It's designed to give them a nice profit margin which we, as bargain hunters, abhor. :)

Based on what we've seen, they would have taken $150.

But don't be unhappy. Many folks can't get Maui resort accomodations at anywhere near that price, because their dates are unavailable. So you're actually quite lucky!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your winning bid and thank you for sharing it with the rest of the board.

The "raise your price by $22" is refered to as a counter-offer and undercutting them is explained in more detail here: PRICELINE SUGGESTS PRICE TO PAY.

Enjoy your trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the replies, as a sidenote, I booked most of the rest of our trip with Priceline too, we are staying at the Royal Lahaina from May 29 - June 2 (average of $91/night, as I split days), and also booked our car rental at $13/day (for a compact). I think this was not too bad, as last year I spent $20/day for a compact car alone!

I will likely not accept Pricelines counter in the future, it's just that I wanted to get our final booking done and over with, after about 2 months of bargain hunting, and didn't mind "splurging" for the last night in Maui (we are also spending a week on the Big Island too). :-)

Happy deal hunting!

Nick

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]