Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami (Coconut Grove) Wyndham Grand Bay

azdunn
By azdunn,
in

We are looking to stay in Miami for one night, June 25th. We would like a nicer property in walking distance to something prior to boarding a cruise. The Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay has gotten good reviews and is on the pinned list for Miami. My question is how do I identify it on Priceline (or can I)? Would appreciate tips for this stay whether or not they apply to this hotel.

You would be in the heart of downtown if you stayed there, not much walking around to do, but i would suggest looking at resorts in South beach which is also a short distance from the port. It has lots to see and do, Ocean Blvd, Lincoln road mall, ocean itself. Prices will go down somewhat for May, it is nothing but hotels something for every price range.

I am sure you can find something you like (many hotels aren't on the beach, but across the street. You can also check out hotels on Washington Ave it is just 2 blocks from beach. Let me know if you have any more questions, i live in SoBe.

You can't identify this property on Priceline... to use priceline you should be able to accept any hotel at that star level in the zone (most are happy with any of the 3 stars previously reported in the Downtown zone). There is not much to walk to in the immediate area, but there is Bayside (an outdoor mall sort of speak) which many go to for dinner. It is walkable from much of the downtown area but goes thru a somewhat 'bad' neighborhood which is not recommended to walk thru at nite, so you can take the MetroMover (where some also don't feel safe but i took it without incident) or a less than $5 cab ride.

If you're "sold" on the MARRIOTT you can see if it's offered thru a search on HOTWIRE.

The Downtown Miami zone offers some of the best value in the Priceline system... if you're into the 'party scene' South Beach may offer another option for you, but expect it to cost somewhat more.

Let us know what you want to do and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not sold on the Marriott - just looking for a nicer (clean!) hotel that is not too far from the pier and offers some sort of services within walking distance. We are a multi-generation group and will need to accommodate teens to seniors. Not lloking to "do" anything in particular just want options.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I believe that Miami Downtown zone qualifies, and it is the closest to the Miami pier, but since you're responsible for your purchase i would recommend looking at the priceline map first and letting us know if that zone is ok with you.

Let us know and we'll advise of a strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At least one hotel that would have met your criteria has disappeared since i last searche HOTWIRE for this stay. I think the Downtown zone is going to be the least expensive so we'll start there with some lowball bids and then move onto the other zones if unsuccessful.

At the 3* level in Downtown Miami you have 2 re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones before proceeding.

Select 3* Miami Downtown...

Bid $46, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $50, if rejected closer browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Miami Downtown and re-bid zone2...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone 1...

Bid $60.

Try the above and then post back as to how it went. If rejected we'll then start to add the other zones.

Any questions feel free to ask. Good Luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Priceline Bid Update

Bid #1: 3* - Miami Airport only, $46 - rejected

Bid #2 : 3* - Added downtown, $55 - rejected

Had to quit - was doing this at work.

Since we need 3 rooms, I felt we needed to be more flexible so ....

Bid #3 Added Coconut Grove, $64 - accepted

Wyndham Grand Bay Coconut Grove 4*. Wyndam website offers hotel at $143 for pre-paid, non refundable web rate.

Little concerned based on Trip Advisor reviews - but it's got to be better than a $90 Comfort Inn at the airport. :)

Thanks for the help.

I think you should have asked for a revised bidding strategy if you were going to begin to add other zones from your original plan... when you add 'live' zones (like Coconut Grove in this instance) it's usually advisable to start from the beginning with a lower bid and gradually begin to work your way up once again.

Thanks for the follow-up and enjoy your stay and subsequent cruise.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]