CA San Jose Beverly Heritage Milpitas

lialmn
By lialmn,
in

I stayed at this hotel in November 2004. This hotel is convienently located RIGHT OFF 880.....if you were coming from the southern direction, the off-ramp barely ends before you can make a right into the "back-side" entrance to the hotel. Don't worry, if you miss that entrance, you can still make the next right onto Barber La, and make enter through the Main entrance to the hotel... anyways.... I needed a cheaper place to stay during the weekday (would have liked to stay in the Cypress for all four nights). Ended up paying 47/night via PL.

Parking was plentyiful, and checkin was efficient. no mention of PL. I requested a 3rd floor room as I heard that the walls are thin and people heard people running around upstair... so I thought a 3rd floor room would avoid that. and it did..

The room itself was fairly disappointing... for a 3*, I've stayed in better..... it was definately like a 2*. My biggest problem was that the temperature control was horrible. I guess I was pampered by the digital thermotstat that I have at home or the one I had at the Cypress hotel (in Cupertino, CA), but this room didn't even have a themostate, it just had a lever that said on one end warm and the other end cool.. You had to guess what temperature it will end up. It was a real problem becuase I was playing with the thermostat all night.

I think a major contribution to this problem was the fact the weather outside was really cool for NoCal weather (50s... and frost warning in the early AM.... coming from MN, I was thinking, what is a frost warning?). I think there was an open communication between exhaust fan in the bathroom and the outside (I know there always is, but there was a cold breeze coming out from the bathroom. So half of the room would be cold/cool and the other side would be okay... I think that is the reason why I was playing around with the thermostat...

Bed was comfortable and It took care of what I needed.

For Asian eats, one can check out Milpitas Village (kinda like Cupertino Village, but not as nice since many of the shops seem to be opening/closing)

• 1 year later...

I had a seminar at this hotel but Priceline put me elsewhere for those two nights. But then I got the Beverly Heritage for the weekend. From the folks attending the seminar who had spent the night on-site I learned that some rooms were old and tired while others where freshly renovated. So when I checked in I said to the front desk guy that I know that not all rooms have been renovated yet and that he should feel free to put me in one of the renovated ones if he didn't need them for anyone else... He laughed and did.

The room was very nice and large and definitely deserving of a 3-star rating. I was completely satisfied.

High speed Internet was free which is the most important thing to me.

They charge for local and 800 calls, so use your cellphone.

Nice pool and spa, well kept grounds.

Would gladly stay here again.

• 10 months later...

Stayed at the Beverly Heritage in June 2007. While all rooms have been renovated,

and it's desperately trying to be a boutique hotel, the renovations are a facade over

what is, at it's core, a very, very old hotel.

If you are sensitive to smoke, stay away. While only the 3rd floor is smoking, the

hotel is old enough, that ALL rooms have been smoked in and ALL rooms have that

subtle smell of an old ashtray. The furnishings have been replaced, so they don't

smell, but the old smoke permeates the walls and is present none the less. It's

worse on the second floor than on the first, but it's there none the less.

As for the renovations, the beds are adequate, the sheets somewhat thin, but

look closely and you can see that the doorjams are 30 years old, the cottage

cheese ceilings are 30 years old, the ventilation is 30 years old, and putting

a fancy, "hip" looking mirror on a 30 year old bathroom door, really isn't going

to fool everyone.

However, except for the age and the smoke, the rooms are quite clean, but

for me, the leftover smoke from years when there were no non-smoking rooms

is enough of a deal breaker to keep me away. For that reason, and the fact

that the renovations have papered over, but not really renovated a 30 year old

hotel, I would NOT give this 3 stars. I've stayed at the Crown Regency about a

mile away (also a priceline 3 star hotel) and the two are simply not even close

to being in the same overall class.

I will not bid on a 3 star again in this location because I do not want to stay in

the Beverly Heritage again.

• 1 year later...

Be careful at this hotel! I checked in late on a Tuesday night, had an "odd' interaction with the guys on duty - two days later my credit card starts buying gift certificates over the internet. Still had the card in my possession & only used it for PriceLine & the guarantee at check in.

Manager was helpful and acknowledged likelihood that staff were involved, but didn't have a way to prove it.

Don't let your card out of your sight.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]