Hotwire Hotel: 4* Cancun (South) Omni

hatyara
By hatyara,
in

Need help ID'ing this 4* hotel in South Hotel Zone of Cancun: (Used your link from above to get quote)

$69 / night from Feb 03 to Feb 07 with option for bed choice for an extra $6 ($75/night)

Amenites:

Resort

Beachfront

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Recommended in 85% of customer reviews

50+ total reviews

Trying to avoid the Gran Melia due to poor reviews.

Thanks!

FWIW - Im a 35 y/o male who travels for fun, with friends or girlfriend (not family), and doesnt want to sit on a computer, or cook food in my room...

I've been to Cancun 10+ times and would rank the south HZ 4* hotels being mentioned here (in sveral threads) as possibilities

Hilton

Gran Melia

Westin

Omni

also I never eat in the hotels except to snack/occasional bkfst buffet, too many great places to try at waaaay better prices so food is not factored in my rankings.

Many of the hotels in this area have similar amenities so i'm sure any of those mentioned by stone'sdealing above are possible, but the Omni and Hilton have each been seen with this amenity combination in the past so either of these would be my best guess for this one (although i'd slightly favor the Omni as the more likely of the two)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

sorry. I wasnt trying to rank the likelihood, but other threads had bashed than gran melia, I was saying that other than the Hilton, I think GM is the best hotel of those four probable's.

I have stayed at GM and go back to visit the beach there even when I stay somewhere else.

I've stayed at all four actually.

If there is a knock on the westin it's the farthest south of all the major hotels on the bus route. Other than that its good.

The omni was crowded and I dont like it, but most others I've talked to do like it. Lots of americans, (im american) lots of kids, etc.

I love the GMelia, and its sister property the ME is my favorite hotel in CUN, (but its now AInclusive.) If you get any melia hotel get a Melia card and bkfst buffet is half off. 25$us pp / 2 adds up after a week or so. its good too, and i generally hate buffets.

The hilton is really cool too but ive only done the villas (smaller upgrade fee than u'd think) I'm guessing the villas are not the room u get on hotwire, but like anything in mexico if you ask nice and maybe slip a few pesos into the conversation U have a fighting chance...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback.

Just wanted to close this topic with what I ended up getting.

After waiting for a couple of weeks - the price went up by $1 to $70 for the same category and dates. The amenities remained the same - but the ratings/# of reviews changed

Upon booking - I got the Omni Cancun.

Details:

Amenities:

Resort

Beachfront

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Recommended in 80% of customer reviews

100+ total reviews

Used your link to search and book again. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]