By cclcal,
in

Feb 19-21, 2011

Union square East 4.5*

Fitness center, restaurant, business center, HS internet

95% recommendation

149/nt

i'm assuming it's the intercontenintal?

I really would like the omni in the embarcadero but haven't seen that being a winner lately.

thanks!

also shows USE 4*

smoke free rooms, fitness, restaurant, business, HS internet

95% recommendation

109/nt

not sure, Westin market st?

thanks again

Been using the rebid method today, final bid was 85$ but rejected.

Will try again tomorrow.

Afraid that I might end up with the Hyatt or the Le Meridien, which everyone seems to be winning.

travel dates of Feb 19-21, 2011.

any suggestions?

omni is asking 164$/nt for room w/ 2 double beds

doesn't seem to appear on hotwire

thanks

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Please keep all posts regarding this stay within this thread. Thanks.

My guess for the HOTWIRE 4.5* would be the Intercontinental, while the 4* would likely be the Westin.

There is no way to ensure/increase the odds of getting a particular property when bidding on PRICELINE.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

If you happen to be flying to San Francisco, you can always look at Priceline Vacations that bundle air & hotel together and select the Omni as your choice of hotels. In many cases, the hotel portion of the package breaks down to be close (or the same) as the "name your own price" rate as opposed to a more expensive rack rate. So in that case you get the benefit of the "bid" pricing while at the same time having the luxury of selecting the hotel you want.

If you happen to be flying to San Francisco, you can always look at Priceline Vacations that bundle air & hotel together and select the Omni as your choice of hotels. In many cases, the hotel portion of the package breaks down to be close (or the same) as the "name your own price" rate as opposed to a more expensive rack rate. So in that case you get the benefit of the "bid" pricing while at the same time having the luxury of selecting the hotel you want.

unfortunately i already bought my airline tix via virginamerica.

But i will check out the pricing anyways.

thanks !

Please keep all posts regarding this trip in this thread.
2x

Other than the price, aren't these amenities and Tripadvisor information the same as in your post #8 above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Other than the price, aren't these amenities and Tripadvisor information the same as in yourpost #8 above?

I'm thinking the hotel in post #8 was a 4.5* and the hotel in post #16 is a 4*, so they're two different hotels, although the icons are the same.

Hyatt Financial, Omni, Le Meridien, and Hyatt have all been reported with those icons, but only Omni and Le Meridien have the 4.5/5 TripAdvisor rating, so it's probably one of those two.

BUT...

I need two beds

This 4* Embarcadero only shows up when searching 2 adults/0 children, which guarantees one bed. Searching on 3 adults, which guarantees two beds, the $128 offer disappears and is replaced by a hotel for $160.65.

Since you need two beds and prefer Omni it seems like the Omni/Expedia deal for $143 mentioned above might be your best bet?

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the follow-up and hope you enjoyed your stay.

If you didn't, please remember to check for and use the links in the support page whenever possible as we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies, including Hotels.com.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]