Hotwire Hotel: South Beach Hotels $18-20/night thru July!!!

TravelGuy
By TravelGuy,
in

As of today, HOTWIRE is selling three South Beach Group hotels, each for $18-20 Tuesdays only through the end of July.

The three hotels are:

The Chesterfield - Boutique Hotel, Near Beach, Airport Shuttle, Restaurant(s), Complimentary Breakfast, High-Speed Internet Access, Tennis Nearby.

Hotel Chelsea - Boutique Hotel, Near Beach, Airport Shuttle, Restaurant(s), Complimentary Breakfast.

Hotel Shelley, Boutique Hotel, Near Beach, Airport Shuttle, Complimentary Breakfast.

Unfortunately, either by unintentional error or convenient mistake, the taxes and fees come out much higher than they should be, e.g. $20.95 on a $20 purchase, but this is still a good deal, particularly for those who qualify for the $10/night off for new customers promotion, for as long as that deal is still valid.

• 1 month later...

This deal appears to be gone now. But the jacked up taxes on South Beach Group hotels, and perhaps some others remain, not only on Hotwire but elswhere too - e.g. Whitelaw Hotel on Hotwire for $60, taxes and fees $24.96; Hotel Shelley on Ex.pedia for $65, with taxes and service fees $20.14. Seems to me some rather sleazy baiting going on: make people think they've spotted a good deal then whack them after they click to book.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I have stayed at South Beach group resort in 2005. Please also note that they also charge a resort fee of $5-$10 per room. However, I found the fee quite worth while because they include continental breakfast, complementary pool side BBQ from 12:00pm-18:00 and 2 free cocktail for guests from 18:00-19:00. An don top of it, complementary shuttle is fantastic! I believe the name of the specific hotel was Carolina or so which is one of the south beauch group hotels. quite fancy and chic! not really recommended for family with young kids.......

• 2 years later...
The deal is is back for Tuesdays in November & December except for the last week in each month, and for the moment at least only the Chesterfield. Taxes/fees still running $20+ on a $20 purchase.

The hotel has to charge taxes on the true value of the hotel room so thats why the taxes are very high on such a cheap room!

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]