Priceline Hotel: 3.5* DC (Georgetown-Foggy Bottom) Melrose Hotel

NCHalfback
By NCHalfback,
in

After bidding from $75 and adding areas for 4 stars, had gotten to $100 with no results.

Tried to get Downtown DC (southside) for the Smithsonians & avoid the Convention Center area. No Luck.

Had to restart with a new persona & then added 3.5 at $90. Nothing accepted until adding Georgetown & the got Melrose Hotel.

With a family of four, (teenagers), I'm a bit skepitcal about this hotel. Reading the reviews on Trip Advisor after the win, I am very leary about staying here.

The hotel lists that you have pinned at the top of the DC Hotel Forum is from 2003. I spent HOURS reviewing posts, printing lists & maps.

Hotels that are listed for zones doesn't match the areas that you need to bid on very well.

Also, what is promoted on Priceline doesn't coordinate the zones when you "Name Your Price".

I guess Priceline is great for a couple getting away last minute. NOT for 4 people to a room.

Of course, it's a done deal, but this will be the last time I use Priceline. I forgot how risky it is after the bad experience a few years ago.

In 2006, I won a flea bag, canoe bed of a room in SW Raleigh/Cary. There was no recourse, but to buy another hotel room & skip the bed bugs.

I will post the follow up after our stay, so others can learn.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The hotel lists were started in 2003 but are constantly updated with new hotels and changes in star ratings whenever new information is reported to the board. Sorry to hear you spend HOURS searching posts on the board, but if you would have simply asked for help i'm sure we could have assisted and cut that time down by 80-90%. Feel free to ask ask for help before bidding for your next hotel stay.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You clearly state that people need to read posts in order to get the information to bid... and that takes time.

Silver Spring, MD wasn't even noted in the "Pinned" post at the DC Priceline Hotel topic covering the hotels in the areas that would be offered while bidding DC Hotels.

To follow the tactic of adding an area known with a lower rated hotels, one need to know what it offered in that area before bidding. To follow the pinned list, is important key to use that tactic.

After seeing the photos that were posted in Nov '11 of the hotel in question on TA, it's clear that there are issues at this hotel. The numerous reviews from recent guests make me question the rating level that Priceline offers.

I will definitely be following up with a review of our stay and forward it to the people at Priceline. I did follow the direct link from this site before bidding.

To follow the tactic of adding an area known with a lower rated hotels, one need to know what it offered in that area before bidding. To follow the pinned list, is important key to use that tactic.

We specifically state not to use the hotel lists to determine your re-bid zones... the correct, and only, method that should be used is discussed here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]