Hotwire Hotel: 4* Ft Lauderdale (Hollywood Beach) Westin Diplomat

JohnFromMSN
By JohnFromMSN,
in

I get that the three main 4* hotels in Hollywood Beach (FLL) are the Crowne Plaza, Westin Diplomat and The Diplomat Country Club. I don't want to stay at the Crowne Plaza. If you've stayed at the Westin or the Diplomat CC, you would understand why. I have a bit of flexibility on my dates between 3/24 and 4/4 and am just looking for 7 days in that range.

It looks like the Crowne Plaza and Westin have the same amenities except when you click through, one of them shows the Spa. The Westin doesn't have a Spa on site but you take the shuttle to the Diplomat CC for it. The Crowne Plaza doesn't have a Spa. That makes me believe the one with the Spa showing up is the Westin Diplomat, coupled with the fact that I would believe it would have a higher Customer rating (95%) over the Crowne Plaza (85%).

Based upon this, do people think it would be safe to assume from the scenarios below that A is the Diplomat CC, B is the Westin Diplomat and C is the Crowne Plaza. I only threw C in there to identify a different hotel. I really don't want to stay at the Crowne Plaza and am considering a single night purchase just to make sure.

I will use the board link when I complete my purchase. THANKS!

A.

3/26 to 4/1 - $96

95% Recommended

4-star hotel in Hollywood Beach

This hotel features the following amenities:

Resort

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

B.

3/25 to 4/1 - $105

95% Recommended

*Bed choice available (for $6/night more)

Resort

Near Beach

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Golf Nearby

Spa Services

C.

4/22 to 4/29 - $159 (although I've often seen lower)

85% Recommended

Resort

Near Beach

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Golf Nearby

Most likely the "boutique" hotel is the Westin across the street from the Westin Diplomat so I would say that Your A is the Westin, not the Westin CC Also because this hotel is actually ON the beach and not "near the beach" as the other two are, it is Most likely that this is the Westin Diplomat. Ive stayed at both and for sure the Crowne Plaza does not have a spa so your option C is most likely the crowne Plaza, leaving option B to be the Westin CC. Having said all this Ive also been "tricked" by hotwire by paying for a hotel on one date "to be sure it was the one I wanted" and the following date still been given the hotel I was not looking for. Be sure that when you purchase that the amenities are exactly as you have described because even switching one date or purchasing less days than originally requested can switch the hotels. TO avoid just be double sure that the amenities are exactly as listed and not changed a bit. You can also call hotwire and request that you need to be ON the beach and while they will not tell you the name of the hotel, they have given me clues such as this to help me make my purchase. GOod luck and Please update your thread with your purchase after using the link to make your selection and purchase.

Relaxing

I made a mistake in my reply and did not see the edit button so I edited it and posted this as a reply. The Westin is across the street from the Crown Plaza... Not the WEstin of course. I do not mean directly across the street either. Also THe Crown Plaza does have a condo across the street which is ON the beach so I guess they can say that this is On the beach even though the hotel itself is not.

So to summarize

A) Westin

B)Westin Country Club

C) Crowne Plaza

OK, I can't seem to edit my post. I will keep trying to figure that out. I got the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa (the one on the beach) for $106. I'm sure I could have paid $20/night less on Priceline but it was soooooo important to me that I most likely was going to get the Westin that I paid the extra.

Im so happy for you. I agree that using PRICELINE would not have been worth the risk! I also would have used HOTWIRE as you did!! Good job and Have fun!

OK, I can't seem to edit my post. I will keep trying to figure that out.
You can only edit the body of your post for up to 50 minutes, after that we'll take care of it :)
I got the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa (the one on the beach) for $106.
Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for. Can you please add a reply to this thread indicating which amenity combination above (A, B or C) you ended up purchasing?

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks everyone. The lowest rate at Westin.com is $279 so I'm pretty stoked, obviously, to be saving $173/night. I paid $155/night on a special deal through Westin 2 years ago (less busy time) and thought it was worth every dime.

Here is the amenity combination I purchased although my rate did increase to $106 when I came back to it and purchased it.

B.

3/25 to 4/1 - $105

95% Recommended

*Bed choice available (for $6/night more)

Resort

Near Beach

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Golf Nearby

Spa Services

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]