Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW-Nob Hill) Hilton

damnage
By damnage,
in

I've used this site many times before for help booking hotel rooms and I always utilize the links to book but I need a bit of help this time. Usually I book a one or two night stay during the weekends but now I'm looking at staying Thursday through Monday and I was wondering what is the best approach?

So far we've attempted to bid for 4* hotels at $85 to $95 using bonus cash of $10 a night so it comes out to bids of $95 to $105 with no takers.

Should I bid for the weekend alone? Or maybe thursday to sunday? Don't want to be switching hotels all weekend too if that can be avoided.

Look at a site that shows the hotels prices by individual days. Expedia is handy for this, you can look at the hotel web sites, or you can go in one day at a time on Hotwire.

Look for a pattern of highs and lows. If there are certain days that stick out as lower than the others, this is your clue to split your bid. If things are pretty much flat, it probably won't make much difference.

I just used Hotwire on USW, and found it would take $186 for a 4* for the full span of days. BUT for the individual days it was $109, $109, $109, $125 (non-opaque), and no 4* availability for the night of the 10th. It would be worth checking out USE, but the USW results do suggest bidding the first three or four nights first, and then the last two (maybe even getting them via Hotwire or conventionally after you'd got three or four nights tied down, and maybe even a lower star level). There certainly appears to be an event in that area.

You could work your way up in the bidding, trying $x for the first four nights, and then the same amount for the first three nights.

Interesting problem. I hope you get it sorted out to your satisfaction.

I think I'd make a cancelable back-up reservation for that last night. Just to be sure you had something.

For that matter, somebody else might here might jump in with some better ideas.

Romelle

PS - if you want to try the different dates right away, that amounts to a change with Priceline so you don't have to wait out the 24 hours from your prior bid.

Nice detective work Romelle :)

The 'problem' nite does appear to be the last nite of your stay... is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? If you're flying into down does your flight leave somewhat early on Monday and perhaps you could stay at the airport for the last nite of your stay?

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It looks like HOTWIRE inventory changed since Romelle checked earlier today, as I'm now seeing the Mark Hopkins in USW-Nob Hill at $125, available all four nights. That's just a few dollars more than the $113 you've bid already. Mark Hopkins is a non-opaque listing from HOTWIRE partner Hotels.com.

If you're flexible on zone I think you might also win a 4* in PRICELINE's Embarcadero-Financial District zone for $100 or less.

Thank you so much everyone for the research! Took out the last night and only tried to book for the 6th through the 9th. First bid at 87 plus 13 bonus was rejected, added a free zone and the next bid at 92 (105 w/ bonus cash) was accepted at the Hilton in Nob Hill. Thanks for your help booking, we will be looking to extending for the last night at the same price.

Looks like it'll be in a great location for to explore the city on our anniversary, and thanks again everyone for your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]