Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* New Orleans (French Quarter) St Anne Marie

Rochester seadog
By Rochester seadog,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

How long ago did you make this purchase?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What were the amenity icons that were showing with this listing? Unfortunately, sometimes overbooking or changes in ownership happen - is the only option offered a refund? If so, you can use the refund towards booking at another property. Did they give you an exact reason for the refund?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The hotel is cancelling the reservation because they are saying they were under a different ownership when the reservation was made on june 17. The new owner does not want to honor the dates of 5/4 thru 5/9 because they fall during the Jazz Festival. This is what I seem to gather from the Jazz Fest forum.

It seems as the only option being offered is a refund from hotwire.

The OP is seeking advice on what his options are. He would like satisfaction and not just his money back.

If I am reading this correctly, On June 17, 2010, you booked a room in New Orleans for May 4-May 9, 2011. Subsequently, the hotel changed names, and the new owners do not want to honor the booking made by previous owners. Hotwire is offering you a refund but you want the room at the rate you booked.

In your shoes, I would call Hotwire directly: (1-866-468-9473). In a calm and professional manner explain that

1) You made this booking over six months ago, and being a pre-paid, non-refundable room you relied on the reservation completely.

2) At this point it would be impossible for you to book a similar hotel at that price.

2) You do not want the booking cancelled/refunded, but want the room you booked/pre-paid over six months ago.

3) If they are unable to accommodate you at the hotel you originally booked, you want to be moved to another 2.5* or better hotel in the French Quarter at no additional cost/for the same rate.

Obviously the major issue here is that you have virtually no chance of booking another hotel in the French Quarter for those dates at that rate, and are looking at triple the price now due to no fault of your own. What, if anything, Hotwire is willing to do about it is another question. They should be willing to work with you to find alternatives. They few times I have had to use their customer service they've been pretty good, but OTOH this is a situation which is largely beyond their control.

Keep us posted, I hope it turns out well for you.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]