20 dollar trick

BGarcia
By BGarcia,
in

Not sure how credible this is. What's to stop the clerk from taking the tip, checking for upgrades, telling you none are available and not returning it? What, are you going to complain to the manager that your bribe attempt wasn't sucessful? Heh.

Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak and tempers the strong.
Just curious to see if this has worked for anyone? I am willing to give it a go when I go on my trip January 3rd.

Used it in Vegas 3 times. Two times it worked, one time it was returned. It was the Mirage, and Treasure Island that we were upgraded. The other time it did not, I believe it was at the Mirage and they said we did a package so rooms were already pre-selected so she returned it. I gave her 5 anyway. We also paid for an upgraded in Chicago once at the Hyatt by the River. I'm not discrete when I do this,, I actually just have a 20.00 out showing on the counter with my reservation verification, charge card and drivers licence. Then very nicely say I would really appreciate you looking if any complimentary upgrades that might be available. Once in Atlantic City Harrah's they took the 20 but I'm not sure I did get much of an upgrade. But who knows? It was free room to start and the maybe the one we did get was much better even if not appear to be much of an upgrade.

Enjoy your trip!!

Cheryl

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]