Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (CPS) Le Parker Meridien

dutchie26
By dutchie26,
in

Hi Folks

My wife and I are contemplating a week trip to NYC for May or June 2011. I was just wondering what would be the best week to choose, from a Priceline perspective. There doesn't seem to be any extraordinary events occuring in Nyc during those 2 months and I checked out airfares and right now they are the same price for both months.

Does anyone have suggestions or insights into what week would get me the best hotel deals?

Thanks so much

Herb

You can check the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins (center above) and see if there is any difference between the various weeks. You can look at the retail side of PRICELINE a week at a time and see if you can spot any highs or lows.

Also, you can enter the different weeks in HOTWIRE and see what you find.

I'd guess June to be more expensive than May, all other things being equal, since school is out then.

Others here may likely have some area specific knowledge.

Romelle

Cool! Thanks a lot, great ideas.

I already had checked calendar of wins but for 2011 and there is really nothing there yet. I guess I should check 2010 though. duh!

I also checked a few hotel web prices and although the prices during these 2 months don't change a lot early June seems to be cheapest. (can I assume that Priceline inventory would be greater during low priced weeks?)

Any ways Thanks again!

Hopefully some other people can chime in with any specific knowledge.

regards

herb

Summer in New York City is generally a cheaper time of year, as it's also one of the hottest times of year temperature wise. Early June may still be a touch early, but I think this becomes a bit more apparent probably as the month wears on. You may run into some college graduations around late May, and there's always the possibility of conventions or other events.

One can get a sense of the price range by using the calendar of wins from the prior year, but rates do vary from day-to-day and year/over/year, so it still depends on specific dates, and it's somewhat difficult to pinpoint the best dates over a longer period, given the variation from day-to-day.

How many days are you looking to stay, and which areas would you be interested in staying in? Additionally, what would be your max budget per night?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi

We would be staying 6 or 7 days sometime between May 1st and June 25th and anywhere EXCEPT Times Square area and the South part of Manhattan which I understand shuts down at night. Being close to a subway line would be the major requirement for us.

Our max budget would be $150 per night everything included. Of course the fancier the better but ultimately the only amenities that we absolutely require are clean and secure.

The last time we stayed in NY was at the Belleclaire in the UWS for almost $180 a night with a bathroom down the hall. (This was before we knew anything about Priceline.)

We quite enjoyed that area, even the hotel was okay. We were just shocked at how little $180 gets you in NY.

regards

herb

All things being equal (conferences, economy, etc) June will likely be a bit cheaper than May... and the later the better, for the most part.

A total of $150 all-in equates to about a $125 bid price which may be slightly out of range for a 4* for most dates in this range, but you might get lucky if you search enough dates. I just searched 6/18-6/25 on HOTWIRE has a 4* appears in the MTC zone for $145/nite which, while just over your budget, looks like a great deal for these dates... all the other 3* and higher rated hotels are a good $40 more per nite. So while you can find 'needles in the haystack' like this the date range is just too great at this point to stay for certain what you'll get at the $125 price point.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and your searches too! :) )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was wondering if anyone could ID this hotel? I see it as the Le Parker Meridien? Is that possible? If so this would be quite a deal!

Amenities are:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Should I also post this question in a new post on the Hotwire forum?

No need to post in the hotwire section of the board... keep all posts for this stay in this thread and if you ultimately use HOTWIRE we'll move the entire thread to that section of the board.

For the HOTWIRE offer above, which zone is it located in and for which dates are you searching?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

never mind folks

I got the Le Parker Meridien thru Priceline @ $130 for the week June 18 to 25th 2011. A little bit higher than my budget of $125 but I was getting impatient when I noticed airfares went up over night.

A great deal I think

Any way thanks so much for the tips and hints.

I luv this web site!

and yes I used both the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for my searches

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a great deal for this stay and that you're happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay and if you have any questions regarding NYC feel free to ask.

Thanks Theruare!

Any cheap alternatives to get from La Guardia to Le parker meridien? Last time we stayed in NY we took the super shuttle. What an ordeal!!! Must have taken 3 1/2 hours to get to our hotel in the UWS. At one point we were within 100 yards of one of the drop offs but on the wrong side of the street so the driver had to go around the block which took another 1/2 hr. Brutal! The funny thing was, I was originally going to just try public transit to our hotel but in the end felt that wasn't worth the hassle and extra time.

regards

herb

there is the wife and I and we arrive Sat mid afternoon 14:00 I think it is and we leave on a Sat Morning @ 8:00.

I did a little digging last night and the bus/subway combo looks doable. Seems to be just as fast as a taxi and just $4.00 :)

What do you think?

P.S. we will be flying with just carry on, no checked luggage. (finally have my wife trained. ha ha)

regards

Herb

The bus/taxi is no picnic from LGA... first you have to wait for the bus, then the slow going to the subway station, then take the subway to the hotel where there is no direct service so you'll need to tranfer trains. If you were looking for an adventure on a nice day then maybe but not really recommended after a flight, with luggage and in the winter.

Without major traffic a taxi will run you about $35 (ask that they take the 59th Street Bridge rather than the midtown tunnel (saves a ~$6.00 toll))... so the taxi is a fair amount more, but quite a bit more convenient as well.

• 3 months later...

I am wondering if anyone who has stayed at the Htoel Parker Meridian, experienced any bed bugs? There are about 5 reports of sitings of bugs in 2010, but a filed dispute by a Hotel manager in Feb 2011 that there were no bed bugs.

If anyone could comment who has stayed there as to whether they saw bed bugs in the last two months that would be wonderful!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]