OGG Maui Fullsize Alamo

resipsa99
By resipsa99,
in

Seven day rental at $12.95/day plus $51.35 tax. Total came to $142, which was a lot less than the $212.62 which was the cheapest I was able to find by booking direct (three weeks before the trip).

HOTWIRE link used.

When we checked in to pick up the car, Alamo told us we would be charged $10/day for an additional driver, even if the additional driver was a spouse. I was a bit annoyed by this as Budget does not have this policy and wondered whether it was because we had booked thru HOTWIRE, but that seems to be Alamo's policy. We didn't want to pay the extra $10/day as it would effectively double the price of the rental, so I got to be chauffered around for the week. :)

We were given the option of selecting from a group of cars, but it was at night and hard to see. The car we picked was a Chevrolet Malibu. It was pretty dirty inside and had a tonne of dings/dents - all of which we documented before leaving.

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Sorry to hear the additional drive fee came as a surprise to you, but as you have since learned, this is Alamo policy and not in any way related to the service you used to book. For additional info see this Car Rental Additional Drive Fees

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Hope you had a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]