Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Indianapolis (Downtown) Hilton

baaman
By baaman,
in

I am planning to take my teenage daughter (HUGE Colts fan) to Indy for the game on 1/2. Staying 2 nights (1/1 - 1/3/11). Would like to stay downtown at a nice property within walking distance to Lucas Oil Stadium. I have never been to Indy before nor do I know much about the area. Since it is getting close to Christmas (and I am running out of time!), I would appreciate any hotel (and bidding) advice for a great father/daughter experience. I thank you in advance for your help. Happy Holidays.

If you enter "Indianapolis" in the search box on the top right corner of the board, then zoom in on the map as high as it can go, you'll see Lucas Oil Stadium at the southernmost point of the Downtown zone. (once you see then then zoom out to a more 'normal' size so you can see the entire zone) Doing so you'll see that the zone is only about 2 miles in diameter, but given the location you want is at the southernmost point, not every hotel within the zone may be within walking distance... would this be acceptable?

Another option would be to try HOTWIRE where you may be able to take an educated guess as to hotel you may receive based upon teh amenities shown before your purchase...then having some insight (assuming you guess correctly) how close the hotel is to the stadium. As well, HOTWIRE zone boundaries for this area are a bit smaller than PRICELINE's.

Let us know your expected budget, and how you'd like to proceed, and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK, so perhaps we should move this over the HOTWIRE thread. I did a quick search there and came up with the following for 1/1 - 1/3/11. 3.5* with the following amenities: Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center and High-speed Internet Access. Recommended in 95% of customer reviews. $59 (which is within my budget of $75 and under). I'd appreciate any help in trying to narrow it down to a possible hotel(s) from here.

As always, thanks and yes, of course, I will use your PRICELINE and HOTWIRE link when booking.

OK, so perhaps we should move this over the Hotwire thread. I did a quick search there and came up with the following for 1/1 - 1/3/11. 3.5* with the following amenities: Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center and High-speed Internet Access. Recommended in 95% of customer reviews. $59 (which is within my budget of $75 and under). I'd appreciate any help in trying to narrow it down to a possible hotel(s) from here.

As always, thanks and yes, of course, I will use your link when booking.

I would say that hotel is the Hilton near the Monument. It is a very nice hotel. I guess you could walk to Lucas but it might not be worth it. Just take a cab to the stadium. Now that I think about it you could definitely walk it weather permitting...

OK, so perhaps we should move this over the Hotwire thread. I did a quick search there and came up with the following for 1/1 - 1/3/11. 3.5* with the following amenities: Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center and High-speed Internet Access. Recommended in 95% of customer reviews. $59 (which is within my budget of $75 and under). I'd appreciate any help in trying to narrow it down to a possible hotel(s) from here.

As always, thanks and yes, of course, I will use your link when booking.

This would be a possible match for the Hilton, Crowne Plaza or Sheraton. There is a tripadvisor rating of 4/5 on the detail page, so - while not guaranteed - that would lean towards this being the Hilton.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]