SFO Hotwire x rental car companies

magellam
By magellam,
in

I'm thinking about renting a car in SFO through HOTWIRE, but I'm concerned that I will end up paying more than if I book directly with Enterprise or Alamo

For 3 weeks + 1 day (12/01/2011 - 03/02/2011 pick-up noom drop-off 4:30 am) Enterprise price for Intermediate SUV is 695.08 USD.

Alamo Mid-size SUV with insiders discount and copon discont gives estimated total $591,12.

HOTWIRE Mid-size SUV daily rate is $23.95 and total price is $721.83.

Are Hotwire selling higher because wouldn't be neither Alamo ou Enterprise?

I'd appreciate any ideas about this.

Thanks!

From the Enterprise website i'm see the SUV priced out at $739 all-in. If you're using coupons/codes, as you are with the Alamo rental, then HOTWIRE may not be your cheapest deal. For such a long rental period the car rental companies may not be willing to give as much of a discount thru the opaque suppliers, especially if there are any busy dates within that 3 week rental period. If you find a better deal elsewhere book it, and assuming that rate is fully refundable, continue to monitor HOTWIRE to see if a better deal comes along.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please note that we're an affiliate of Enterprise and please use the links on the board (or in our support page) if you decide to book direct.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]