Hotwire Hotel: Hyatt GC or La Quinta resort - Can anyone ID?

v_lori
By v_lori,
in

This is my first time using either Hotwire or Priceline and after a ton of research would really like to stay at either HYATT GRAND CHAMPION or LA QUINTA resort December 11 -15.

I am coming up with a Hotwire place for $92 a night, 4*, the amenities fit both places, says recommended by 95% of customer reveiws and that resort charge is about $30 a night.

Resort

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Children's Activity Program

The hotwire list says that confirmed 4* in the area are the Hyatt GC and La Quinta but this list is from 2006 (I think) so wondering if it is still relevant. I am thinking it could also be the Renaissance Esmeralda.

Any tips on how to try to narrow it down as much as possible to these two resorts?

Thanks!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

The date on the lists are when they were initially posted; they are updated as new information comes in.

The Hyatt and La Quinta have been reported to the board with this amenity set previously. Unfortunately, no tripadvisor rating is showing with this listing on the detail page, so there is no way to narrow down which this may be.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

You know, I would be very happy if it were either of these two resorts as I like both for different reasons. But I don't really want the Renaissance nor the Miramonte, have you heard that those two resorts are on there too and they haven't yet been added to the list for La Quinta Indian Wells? (yes, I know that is always a risk, but just wondering in anyone's experience have they gotten either of these other two resorts?)

All 'known' hotels reported to the board would be found in the Hotwire Hotel List. As per the comments at the top of the hotel list, there could always be a new hotel received not yet reported to the board and/or a hotel previously received but at a new star rating. This unknown is the trade-off for the deeply discounted rates typically received.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, so didn't do anything on this last night but today the deal is showing on HOTWIRE for $95 instead of $92. could be completely different but maybe not. It is now showing a trip advisor rating of 3.5 green circles out of 5, says that 90% of HOTWIRE users recommend. These two things match the Hyatt exactly EXCEPT that it says that there are over 100 reviews but none of the four resorts in the area have over 100 reviews on them. The ratings are also very close to the Renaissance which is also 3.5/5 on trip advisor.

Should that help in IDing this 4*?

Also should I be able to see what type of room is offered?

HOTWIRE and PRICELINE rooms are a regular/non-upgraded room; users do not have the ability to choose specific room types (hence the discount) and bedding options. That is up to the hotel based upon availability.

I'm seeing 3.5/5 tripadvisor now, but the 100+ reviews above it is from HOTWIRE, which is different than tripadvisor.

Tripadvisor ratings on HOTWIRE are not updated in real time, so they are not a perfect tool to determine a hotel. However, based upon that, I would lean towards the Hyatt out of the above two possibilities. There is always the chance it could be something else. However, given the information and given what's been previously reported, I'd lean towards the Hyatt.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]