New Southwest Discount Code

TravelGuy
By TravelGuy,
in

I need 2 tickets from NY to Chicago in mid August, the best fare I found so far is Southwest airline with the 15% off coupon code. The total price comes up as $367.42 including taxes and fees. Do you guys think I can do better than that later? Or should I wait until theres more promotion? Please advise. Thanks.

I'm haven't flown this route in few years, but it sounds high to me.

I just picked random dates in August (Monday departure/Thursday return, thinking those are common business travel days so i wouldn't be picking ultra-low fares which couldn't apply to you) and came up with non-stop flights in the $265 range (one stop in the $250 range) I used the Orbitz link above to get these prices, as i find they're great for viewing many rates and options at once.

Are you flying out of Islip that requires you to take Southwest?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your response. I am kinda flexible with the date, depart on 8/9, 8/10 or 8/11, and come back on 8/15, 8/16 or 8/17. Also I am flexible with the airports, it does not matter with me from LGA, JFK or ISP to ORD or MDW.

I also tried Orbitz and it gave me the same $265 price range. For Priceline bid, I bid up to $150 and still no luck. Hotwire offers me $235. Delta and those other major airlines seem that they don't have any promotion for this route so far. Thats why I think Southwest gave me the best fare so far, $367 for 2 tickets. Since I am only a student, I would like to save some money out there. Or do you have any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Darn!! :) I tried using the code.. but a disclaimer came up above the fares saying it didn't apply to "fully refundable fares" or "special fares"....

isn't that everything??

At least is was on my choices.... (was sending my son July 2 to St. Louis)-- but maybe its just because the flight was only a week away??

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]