Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (Times Square-Theater District) Millennium Broadway

pamela21
By pamela21,
in

I'm a newb, and I'm looking for a good deal for a 4* NYC Times Square - Theatre District Jan 22-25, 2011. The treads on this board have been so helpful, I thought I'd share my experience and possible get some advice in scoring an awesome deal!

Don't laugh I'm a wimp, I started with small increments for my bids. :)

Acceptable Zone: 4* TSTD

Re-bid Zones: B, CI, LIC, MSG, UES

So far I've tried:

4* TSTD $130 Not accepted

4* TSTD & B $131 Not accepted

4* TSTD & B & CI $133 Not accepted

4* TSTD & B & CI & LIC $135 Not accepted

4* TSTD & B & CI & LIC & MSG $138 Not accepted

4* TSTD & B & CI & LIC & MSG & UES $140 Not accepted

Looking to bid up to $160 for a 4* TSTD. I'm confused on whether I should bid as low as I did tonight but on a different day?

I'm open to 3.5* TSTD. Any suggestions where I should start my bid? Re-bid zones for 3.5*? I would love to bid on Double Tree Suites Times Square!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can see a list of all hotels reported to the board in the Priceline Hotel List.

My first suggestion is to expand beyond the Times Square area as there is really no need (imo) to stay directly in Manhattan. At the 4* level the CPS, MTE, MTW, and ESB zones can be just as convenient and centrallly located (not always true at the 3.5* level but at the 4* level all known hotels are generally more then adequate). See this thread for more info: Hotels Near Times Square.

If you still only want to stay in Times Square, HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel for $139/nite which i'm guessing is the Millenium Broadway (the Crowne Plaza, and a few others, would be a possible candidate as well), although this property is currently only rated 3.5* by PRICELINE.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've been bidding for 3 days for 3.5* & 4* hotels.

Since Thursday, I started at $75 - 115 for 3.5*. Today I put in a bid with $115 with $5 Priceline Bonus Cash (TSTD & LIC).

Total with Taxes, Fees, Travel Insurance $442.86 Millennium Broadway.

Going rate at Hotel Website is $200/night for those dates excluding tax. $120? SCORE! :) 40% savings.

Success... sort of. Turns out if I bought the packaged deal with flight, it would have been a few dollars less ($40) Darn you taxes & fees!

I guess I still scored a deal and it was fun experience I plan to use again! What a newb.

Thanks betterbidding.com for all the tips!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]