Priceline Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Midtown) Hotel Palomar

namu03
By namu03,
in

Thanks for all the tips I learned at BetterBidding!. Unfortunately, I forgot to use the PRICELINE link, but I'll be sure to use it next time.

I just won a night 12/11/2010-12/12/2010 at the 4-star Hotel Palomar in Midtown Atlanta. Priceline advertised this hotel for $248/night regularly. Other sites have it listed as low as $124/night.

I bid at $40 in Midtown=rejected.

Next day I started bidding at $50 and increased my bid by $3 adding dead zones until I reached $62=all rejected.

Now I start increasing my rebid by $2 adding dead zones until it was accepted at $68 for Hotel Palomar in Midtown.

Price: $68

Taxes: $10.20

Fees: $7.37

Total: $85.57

By the way, I added dead zones like Lithonia/Jonesboro/Kennessaw/McDonough/Peachtree Corners/etc. I basically just kept a separate Priceline window open to check which areas did NOT have 4-star hotels, then I added them to rebid.

This is going to make for one awesome birthday night as we do not plan on driving 2 hours back to Rome, GA. :-)

I'll be sure to update this post with what I thought of the hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

As promised, here's my update regarding 4-star Hotel Palomar in Midtown Atlanta.

Even though we were only in for one night, I can still say that this hotel was fantastic! Very modern feel, pet-friendly (but I left the doggy at home), and conveniently located. The curbside service made it feel more like we were in a proper city. The girl at the front desk upgraded our room to a cityview deluxe when she heard that we were celebrating a birthday. And the view was amazing. Even more amazing were the black-out curtains. At 11:30am I thought it was still nighttime. Also nice was their daily complimentary cocktail hour between 5pm-6pm. The wines were nothing special (a champagne, red zif, and chardonnay) but the atmosphere to drink (free!) and mingle in the lobby of an upscale hotel is always cool.

The $30/day valet parking was a little excessive, but extremely convenient. I am always willing to pay for a convenience.

In all, I would recommend this hotel to anybody. I really wanted to check out their 24hr fitness area, restaurants, and rooftop bar. Unfortunately, we didn't have time and weather didn't permit. If I can I'd love to stay here again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]