Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Chattanooga (Downtown) Chattanooga Choo Choo

Lotus73
By Lotus73,
in

Stayed at the Choo Choo, somewhat concerned about the quality b/c of some recent reviews on PRICELINE, but liked that it was cheaper than the Chattanoogan and that unlike the Read House, I wouldn't be required to use Valet.

Put in first bid of $45 and it got accepted!! Should have tried something lower but was fully expecting (and prepared) to have to up my bid.

Asked if possible to upgrade when I got to the front desk to check in, but was denied (was hoping to try and get into one of the sleeper cars the place is famous for)...not a big deal, just thought I'd try.

Ended up in Hotel Building #2. Room was clean, no odors, Wife and I thought beds were very comfortable. The bathroom, while clean, was pretty old looking, and for some reason the water temperature in the shower would cycle hot to cold pretty severely. Not sure if it was room specific (rm 288), probably should have said something but didn't.

Overall a very pleasant experience. Both enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the morning which was about $30 for both of us with drinks and a 20% tip. One gift shop on the property was very nice and had good prices, and they also had some good ice cream next door to it (even though I was probably the only one wanting ice cream in 45

Congrats on your success and Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Quite a nice deal for this property (which I believe used to be a Holiday Inn not that long ago?) Glad to hear that the property turned out to be better than the reviews indicated and that you were pleased with the deal.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Matt,

Next time, try upgrading to a train car by calling the main number first before checking in. That's what we did last time we got the Chattanooga Choo Choo, and were able to upgrade to a train car at a rate of $40/night. Of course, that puts the price up there with the Chattanoogan, which I booked on Priceline last month for $92/night.

But don't hang your head thinking you missed the train car -- you likely weren't able to upgrate because they typically sell out of train car rooms between Thanksgiving and New Year's Eve about three months in advance.

Matt,

Next time, try upgrading to a train car by calling the main number first before checking in. That's what we did last time we got the Chattanooga Choo Choo, and were able to upgrade to a train car at a rate of $40/night. Of course, that puts the price up there with the Chattanoogan, which I booked on Priceline last month for $92/night.

But don't hang your head thinking you missed the train car -- you likely weren't able to upgrate because they typically sell out of train car rooms between Thanksgiving and New Year's Eve about three months in advance.

Welcome to Betterbidding! :)

Thank you for the notes on the hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]