Priceline Hotel: 3* San Diego (Mission Valley) Handlery Hotel

mclan
By mclan,
in

After reading the helpful posts on this forum, figured the lowest I could bid on a 3* hotel in Mission Valley would be about $45 and that I'd get the Handlery Hotel. I was right! First bid was $45 on Mission Valley area only, got the Handlery. Knew hotel gets poor reviews on TripAdvisor.com, but figured one night would be ok, especially at that price. Best advertised rate I could find was $109/night. Will post my opinion of the hotel.

By the way, parking is $8/day, I called and confirmed. However, I have a handicapped placard--when I mentioned this, the front desk told me the parking fee would be waived. I've also heard that if you complain and say there's nowhere else to park but in their lot, they'll waive the fee.

Glad you were able to use the information here to help you formulate a bidding strategy and have success!

I've stayed in a few hotels with less than stellar reviews... but for the price paid were great (if i was there as a full paying customer i would have had negative reviews as well.... it's all about Value).

Enjoy your stay and thanks for posting.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]