Priceline Hotel: 3.5* San Juan Radisson Amassador

irelandvegas
By irelandvegas,
in

I just failed my pre cruise single night bids for April 2 2011 San Juan. First Bid $100 Four *. Re bid 105 4 & 3.5* at $110.

Is PR safe to re bid using 4 and 3.5 stars but adding in more zones? I dont see ANY 4 & 3.5 in the other zones on the priceline map.

Id be very sad if we were booked across the island in some freak secret star rated hotel.

THanks for the help!

IrelandVegas

Previous winning bid posted in this threat FYI.

You don't want to use the 'retail' version of PRICELINE to determine your re-bid zones. The correct technique to use is described here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Please see the previous thread and confirm your re-bid zones with the board... if you read the thread above and are confused just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- i haven't looked at rates for your dates yet, but note that there is plenty of time between now and your stay

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please see the previous thread and confirm your re-bid zones with the board... if you read the thread above and are confused just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- i haven't looked at rates for your dates yet, but note that there is plenty of time between now and your stay

Ok, I may have confused myself. I use the Link for priceline at the top of the page. During the bidding process is when i see that no other zones have 4* in them so i feel safe. Is that the retail information your telling me not to use? I am pretty sure that it says not to count on the hotels/zone list here on this site and to use the priceline information.

From what I see, no other zones (than San Juan) have 4* or 3.5* so I should be able to re bid with no risk of ending in those zones.

I am using the following strategy from DC3:

The free re-bid strategy follows the rules in various posts. Assume you want a 4* only in zone A. And there are free re-bids in zones B, C, D because B, C, D have no 4* or resort properties. Then you can re-bid in permutations, exemplified as follows:

1) 4* A

2) 4* (A + :)

now, you have to close the browser and start again (CBSA) to remove the grayed-out check boxes

3) 4*(A + C) CBSA

4) 4*(A+D) CBSA

5) 4*(A+B+C) CBSA

6) 4*(A+B+D)

7) 4*(A+B+C+D)

and so on

Thanks!

IrelandVegas

As long as you're clicking the zones and then looking below to see what star ratings offered, that is the correct method... you don't want to use the 'retail' version where the hotel names are shown to determine your re-bid zones.

You appear to be doing it correctly except for one aspect... the star rating you select is the minimum you are willing to accept, and PRICELINE will always try to upgrade you to a higher rated hotel if possible. Therefore, although (Rio Grande - Fajardo - El Yunque) only contains Resort class hotels, you can't use that as a re-bid zone as your 3.5* or 4* hotel could be upgraded to a Resort hotel, and you'll end up winning a hotel in that zone. Does that make sense?

What is your maximum bid for this leg of your stay at this point in time?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would like to stay under $125. Thats more than our two night post cruise, but i figure it will cost more since thats a Saturday and one night only. We arrive at nine and hope we are in an area where we will have a late dinner opportunity that doesnt involve a major trek. I guess we can always try a 3* also, but ideally id rather be in a 4 or 3.5.

Thanks, you guys are great.

IrelandVegas

Did you want to try for a 4* first up to your limit and then, if rejected, try for a 3.5*... OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay?

If you're rejected at both 3.5* and 4* i wouldn't necessarily lower to 3* just yet with 5 months to go before your stay... but you can/should find a fully refundable back-up just to protect yourself from rates moving higher between now and then.

Let us know regarding the star ratings and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]