FL Tampa Grand Hyatt Airport Westshore

ufjoe21
By ufjoe21,
in

4 Star Hotel all the way, bar and lounge, fine 4 star Italian restaurant, my king size bed had 4 pillows, and 3 designer pillows, very comfortable, big mini bar in the room, big bathroom, very very nice, room service has a limited selection, if you check out all the ratings it's the best hotel in Tampa, believe it!

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt in February, 2005. We were on a pre-cruise stay in which we were taking the whole family. We had 4 rooms that I got through Hotwire. The staff was extremely courteous. The rooms were great and the beds extremely comfortable. Our grandchildren enjoyed the boardwalk and the man-made beach where they played in the sand.

• 4 years later...

Grand Hyatt was great as other reviewers wrote, but one little detail is necessary to add. I did not perceive any Priceline discrimination (maybe from one room service person), but the staff knows what you paid. Or more precisely, think they know. I was told by two staff members I got friendly with that some people get the hotel for $25/night. I don't know how one gets it cheaper than the usual minimum Priceline rate of $46 (as of this date). I suspect the records they see are what the hotel gets after Priceline fees are taken out, or what the hotel's profit is over the basic expense of just having the room sit empty.

They also mentioned that a few Priceline or Hotwire or other discount system customers are among the most demanding they have, among those who most commonly want something for nothing. That might just be perception. But be a good guest & make sure you tip. Even though room service already charges a 22% server fee, throw a couple bucks cash their way (they don't get it all, everyone's 22% is actually averaged & divvied out equally over a weekly basis and the phone order-takers and possibly bartender have to be tipped out). The $3 room service fee is all the hotel's.

• 7 months later...

I've also stayed at the Tampa Hyatt a couple of times. They seemed apologetic the first night because they couldn't give me a king size bed. My second stay I got the king size bed and the water view at sunset. Nice! Like all of these higher end hotels I didn't really care to have to pay extra for internet. The seafood restaurant was fabulous. My meal cost more than my room, but it was great.

• 8 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]