So when will Priceline allow bidding on more than standard rooms?

CruisingUSA
By CruisingUSA,
in

So, I was saying that although I enjoy getting priceline/hotwire deals and Im not complaining because we do pay less....but Im also wondering how we can bid on hotels and get something besides the standard double bed with no micro/fridge. Most hotels always stick me with the most basic room in the house, but since I travel constantly, I prefer a room with 1 king bed and a microfridge. Some hotels make a big fuss about it and say, "well what you booked online was for this room" (not like I actually was able to bid on a room with a fridge and 1 king bed :)

Most times the hotel grants my request, and the front desk clerks at many have been very helpful and have been given better rooms if I had issues with the 1st one they checked me into. But when I stay in a popular area (midtown/uptown) of town and also the Courtyard Mariott is notorious for giving you basic with no fridge (although I've gotten lucky there too).

But with all that, it gets annoying to have to keep switching rooms because the 1st one they gave me did not accomodate my needs. Like, HELLO...I have a cooler FILLED with food, I need a fridge.

I do recall once I booked a 1 star in western Colorado at the Best Value Inn...and for $45 I got a huge executive suite. But I consider that luck as usually they bump you to a higher level. I just wish hotels made their rooms all the same like the Springhill Suites (which I've never won a bid from, only booked directly).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]