Priceline Hotel: 5* Madrid (Airport Barajas) QUESTIONS

Wissenschaftler
By Wissenschaftler,
in

I was just about to bid for an overnight stay at a 5* hotel in PL's Madrid's Airport Barajas area and found to my surprise that 5* in this area is no longer available.

The last bid submitted here for this area was over six months ago on 30th April 2010 also for another overnighter (05/3/10-05/4/10). I googled 'Hilton Madrid Airport' and found out that true enough, Hilton has been downgraded to 4* by PL but not by Expedia, Tripadvisor, Booking.com, Hotelclub.com, etc. I did notice the last star in these sites' ratings literally looks like a half-star. Nevertheless I'm baffled, and have the following questions:

- Does anyone have a logical explanation for what has happened?

- Can someone give me an educated guess as to what happened to Hilton in the Name Your Own Price option: is it most likely gone, or has the 4* category just gotten wider?

Thanks in advance.

The Hilton Airport has been downgraded to a 4* hotel and we've updated the Priceline Hotel List accordingly.

Hotels are upgraded/downgraded by PRICELINE all the time so this is really nothing unusual.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

you can get that hotel for about 99$ many times on websites. Check out the support links here.

Thanks for tip, I've never used this option before.

Tried all links and getting only $219-245 for Dec 30-31, 2010. I'm guessing it's because I need a room for 2 adults+1child. I'll take the next few days to think about whether it's worth bidding at 4* for the Barajas area and just accept what fate throws at me, or I get a room elsewhere with the PRICELINE Best Price Guarantee. I can't really be bothered going back to a room in the city centre for an overnight stay in Madrid.

You can also try searching HOTWIRE for 2adults/1child and not have to worry about the bedding issue.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you go to the Sofitel link at hotel support page, you will see the PULLMAN hotel at the airport area. I have been there when it was a Sofitel and it was very nice. They give you a bed for your child free if he is under 12, plus if you take the breakfast plan, his is also included. I see good prices for your dates.. 75E without breakfast, or 92E WITH. Free shuttle from 6 am til 11pm.

thereuare: Thanks for Hotwire advice.

valencia: Thank you too for the excellent tip, I very tempted do as you advised. However we're physically in Madrid for only 15 hours minus airport transit+waiting times. With a 6:55am check-in, it means we have to depart from the Pullman hotel before breakfast is served at 6am. So instead I'm booking using the BB support page, a non-refundable 'hot Deal' at Best Western Hotel Villa De Barajas (which incidentally includes breakfast but only at 7am). At

Glad you found something that works well for your plans.

Thanks for closing this thread with your decision for this stay and for using the Best Western link in our support page for your purchase... it's appreciated :)

Have a great trip and let us know if/when we can be of further help.

• 1 month later...

Since the no one has reported any other bookings for 5* Madrid (Airport Barajas) I thought I would mention what I ended up with, because it was even better than what I expected.

At the last minute booked a regular booking at Best Western Hotel Villa De Barajas which I was able to cancel when I found an even better deal at Hilton which I originally wanted in the first place. Hilton announced a special in the first week of December called Any Weekend, Anywhere Sale (06 Dec 2010-25 Nov 2011) and I've written a review of the hotel and this particular special here too.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]