Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Indianapolis (Downtown) Hilton

slater195
By slater195,
in

Looking to book a good downtown Indy hotel for this Saturday, 11/20. May be as many as four couples booking rooms, or maybe just my hubby and I (the others are chicken and don't like the opaque booking sites, regardless of how much they could save ... that's why I'm here, trying to narrow things down and show them it's not voodoo magic).

Don't want the 4-star listed at $55 because I don't want University Place.

The 3.5-star is a strong contender: it lists fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center and hi-speed for $59. I've seen you list in previous posts that this could be Crowne Plaza, Sheraton and potentially Hilton. Any distinguishing factors to help you decide which it may be? (rec by 95%)

There is also a 3-star that's a possibility: smoke free rooms, complimentary bkfast, fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, hi-speed, laundry and golf nearby for $49. (rec by 100%)

Any thoughts as to what these last two might be? I'll probably book regardless, but I'd love to convince our friends to try out Hotwire and save a hundred bucks in the process. I will, of course, use BB's links and pass them along to my friends while trying to convert them.

I think once people try using these services, it's very difficult to go back to paying full price. I was sitting in front of family members the other week and was going to bid for a 3.5* at the last minute. They wondered if I could get something last minute, they wondered if it would be expensive. 2 minutes later, the first bid for a 3.5* was accepted for $39. They were not only impressed with the deal, but how easy the service was to use.

Given that you're looking at a 3.5*, and only for only one night (and if you're going to be out for a good part of that day), then it's a good situation for those who have not tried these services to do so.

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing a tripadvisor rating on the 3.5*, so there is no way to narrow it down further. My guess for the 3* would be the Comfort Inn City Centre.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for your quick reply. This is a date night for a bunch of couples with young kids, so everyone is also nervous to book a non-refundable room until they know the kids aren't getting sick, the babysitter isn't likely to cancel, etc. So I'm going to hold off til later this week and then try to force them to book with me! I'll report once we do. (And I agree, one time and they'll be hooked...)

Thanks again.

I would bet the 3.5 star for $59 is the Hilton. The 95% makes me think that. I have stayed at all 3 properies listed and the hilton is definitely the best of the three, although they are all nice hotels.

I think another poster might have nailed the Comfort inn City Center as the 3 star with 100% rating. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express right next door and it is definitely not real close to downtown fun. It would certainly be great for a colts/football game.

You should definitely use HOTWIRE for yourself just to blow their minds. They will definitely fall in line when the see what a GREAT deal you got. Just book it and watch them commit. You better hurry because nov 20 is right around the corner....

Interesting. I'm on there again trying to decide whether to take the plunge for three couples (two who are unwilling Hotwire rookies) or just go it alone, and when I change the search from 1 room/2ppl to 3 rooms/6 ppl, it changes the percentage who recommend the hotel for the 3.5 star (price is still at $59 either way). I assume that means it's a different hotel. Right?

Disregard last question, it's now moot.

We did the 3.5 star Hotwire for $59 (that 95% had recommended, versus the 85% I was seeing when I put in for just one room) and ended up with the Hilton. Very happy with the result. Amenities listed are pool, restaurant, fitness center, business center and hi speed.

Thanks again BB!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]