Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (Universal - Sea World) JW Marriott

goldendeal
By goldendeal,
in

I noticed betterbidding has Resort JW Marriott Grande Lakes Orlando (Universal Studios - Sea World) area listed as a Resort and the Resort Renaissance Orlando Resort 4* , Im a bit confused here.. Is it possible when bidding for Resort in Orlando (Universal Studios - Sea World) area you can get Renaissance Orlando Resort 4* ?? Im not sure how how often the page is updated but from what i can tell Priceline has both hotels listed as Resorts. Is it recent that the Renaissance was downgraded to 4*status?? Which would make the JW Marriott Grande Lakes Orlando the only Resort in that area for priceline, which i didnt think was common at all...thanks for the help on this one.

The Renaissance was last reported as a 4*, as indicated in this PRICELINE ORLANDO post and re-iterated in this PRICELINE POST.

It could have always been upgraded back to the Resort class, but it has not yet been reported as such, and if you have some information to suggest otherwise please let us know.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did not mean to upset anyone with my post, I was just wondering about the discrepancy since i have seen Renaissance Orlando reported as a Resort on other web sites and this is the only site I see it listed as a 4* Since I plan to bid in this area , was just checking to see if anyone knew more info on the subject matter. If I offened anyone with my question you have my sincerest apologies .

There was no 'anger' in my reply above. Tone doesn't come across in the written word and in typing my reply above there was no negative tone intended. We try to keep our lists as accurate and updated with the information we have, so if there is a discrepancy we encourage users to bring it to our attention just as you did.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I finally recieved an email from priceline. They say The Renaissance Orlando was downgraded last year do to having the pool area closed. They have recently reopened the pool area and down have been listed back at Resort level. I called to confirm this with Renaissance and the pool area is now open Anyone bidding on Resort level (Universal Studios - Sea World) might win the Renaissance Orlando in bidding that level.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]