WA Seattle Holiday Inn Airport

Romelle
By Romelle,
in

I stayed at this 3* hotel two separate nights - Nov 4 and 7. It was an incredible Priceline value. Spacious room with comfortable king bed. Lots of different pillows. Free internet machine in the lobby. Everybody on the front desk was helpful and kind. Spotlessly clean. Breakfast not included, as is typical for bids at this level, but tea/coffee making equipment in the room.

The really interesting thing about this hotel though was that one could walk to it from the airport terminal and could catch light rail downtown! The first evening I took the shuttle. It was just a few minutes before we arrived, and we had done lots of turning. I asked at the hotel if it was walkable, and they assured me it was. They said 8 minutes. I timed it from when I walked out of the hotel until I got to the Delta ticket counter - 12 minutes. Delta though is one of the further airlines, so the 8 minutes probably was right for a closer one.

To do the walk from the terminal - first follow the "Baggage Claim" signs. When you reach the baggage area, start following the "Light Rail Link" signs. You will go along the edge of a huge covered parking area. When you reach the light rail place, you actually can see the Holiday Inn across the street. There is a a big "U" area of hotels, also including a Clarion, a Hilton, a Rodeway and a Marriott. You cross the street via a covered walkway above it, just beyond the light rail area, and then go down to street level in either an elevator or an exterior set of stairs.

To get downtown from the hotel, go back to the light rail area. Only $2.50 one-way! Under 45 minutes, and some nice views. The last stop is only two blocks from Pike's Place Market - a totally unique Seattle experience. The Space Needle is a previous stop or so back.

Romelle

• 5 months later...

Stayed here last week and would echo the previous comments. A great value for the Priceline rate of $46. Had a fairly spacious room with a comfortable king bed and small sofabed with table. Bathroom was small and without a fan.

A pleasant surprise was the indoor pool and hot tub. The pool is big -- they bill it as Olympic sized, which might be a stretch, but it is larger than most hotel pools -- and it has an 8.5 foot deep end. The hot tub is also pretty large and deep. The kicker is that it is open 24 hours and is accessible via a back stairway so you don't have to traipse through the lobby to get there. Nice! Towel service was poor and it was noticeably cold early in the morning, however.

Parking was $12.95. I noticed separate spots for Priority Club members, but didn't ask about it since those benefits are usually not provided to Priceline rates.

I didn't use light rail, but it really is close by. About a 1/2 block walk to the pedestrian bridge over International Blvd. that takes you right to the platform.

Hotel also has a serviceable restaurant and lounge; had an overpriced buffet breakfast there with good eggs and coffee.

Decent place at a good price.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]