Priceline Hotel: advice sought: 3* hotel, Seattle DT, 07/27-07/29

cerealtrader
By cerealtrader,
in

Location: Seattle DT/Pike Place/Space Needle.. we want to stay DT-ish, not Bellevue, etc. Space Needle area is just fine, as 1. It's not THAT bad of an area, and 2. free parking is important for cheapskates like us!

Dates: July 27th and July 28th, 2005

Needs: two rooms/three beds total (there will be five of us; we'd much prefer a suite so we could stay together, but there are only a few of those that I know of in Seattle that we've stayed at, and they are generally $200+/night, and come with "some baggage"..)

I am welcoming any and all advice regarding a potential PL bid for the above location and dates!

Hotelchecker found: Expedia------ Seattle Vagabond $79/$89 per night + (single/double beds)

My own searching: Travelocity------- Travelodge Seattle City Center $77/$87 + per night (single/double beds)

Advice/potential PL bids welcomed, and thanks!

~cerealtrader

It's possible a conventionally-booked suite at the Springhill Suites or Summerfield Suites would work well for what you want. My Priceline stays at both have given us nice suites and free breakfasts (although I know someone else posted about a recent Hotwire stay at Summerfield Suites recently that was not up to par). But if you book the type of suite that you want (e.g. two doubles plus a pullout sofa), then you shouldn't have any problems. The parking is cheaper than it is right in the heart of downtown, but not free.

So if you want to try Priceline....

You have 4 PRICELINE RE-BID ZONES available at the 3* level, and this is how i would proceed:

Select 3* Seattle Downtown...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $65.

The above bids may actually be a bit low, but you didn't mention a maximum bid so i figured on the low side and will hope for the best. The $4x bids probaby don't have much of a chance, but the ones in the $50's might work. Figured you could start with the above and then we can adjust based upon your next round of bidding if necessary.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]