Priceline Hotel: 2* Des Moines (Ankeny) Super 8

pholt33
By pholt33,
in

I was hoping to get a 2* or better hotel in downtown DSM or near the airport. I added Ankeny since the hotel list had only a 3* and I use that as a free bid on hotels in my desired areat. I ended up with a 2* Super 8 in Ankeny for $49/night, which is only $3 less than the rate on any number of hotel websites. Reviews on this hotel at various sites are mediocre at best with many negative comments. I really hope the reviews are worse than the hotel actually is. From all of my Priceline hotel experiences this is my least successful in terms of amount saved off of the cheapest published rates.

Ankeny is not a re-bid zones. From the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List:

This list is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Priceline offers in this area, it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum.... DO NOT USE THIS LIST to determine what areas to add when attempting to bid again within the 24 hour window

The way to determine your re-bid zones is described here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained Please read this previous thread and feel free to ask any question you may have.

I added Ankeny since the hotel list had only a 3*...
Also, note that the star rating you select is the minimum that you are willing to accept. Even if there were no 2* hotels in the this zone, it would still not be a re-bid zone since your 2* bid could be upgraded to a higher (3* in this example) rated hotel.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotel List for this area.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay. Hopefully you have make it work for your needs and your stay will be better than you anticipate.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]