Hotwire Hotel: 5 adults, 2 kids - hotel in Orlando

antlori
By antlori,
in

If we book 2 rooms on Hotwire, is there a chance we might get there and only have one bed in each room? There will be 3 adults in one room and 2 adults + 2 kids in the other. I think they usually only like to have 2 adults per room. If we get a room on Hotwire at a reasonable price, could we call and ask them to add the 3rd adult at a small surcharge? This seems risky but the savings look too good to pass up, even on Hotwire. I don't think I'd want to take a chance on Priceline. To be specific, we're looking for the Orlando Airport Hyatt which I've just seen someone get on Hotwire at I think $63. Rate through Hyatt is about $135.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

In this aspect, i see Priceline and Hotwire being the same... there is always the chance that you won't get the bedding request you want.

My opinion is not that they only allow you to have 2 people in a room, but since Priceline/Hotwire has to make a blanket policy for the country and can't tailor the occupancy levels for each city or hotel, they can only guarantee that a room will accomodate two people; many hotels can and are more than willing to accomodate many more on a Priceline/Hotwire stay (but in some areas, like NYC, it's impossible to get 3 in a room). It's up to the individual hotel to accomodate bedding preferences and policy regarding how many in a room.

The Hyatt's website allows a drop-down menu of 4 adults in a room at this property, so i would think that they would allow three no problem, the bigger concern i would have is not getting a room with 2 beds (and the level of my concern would be lessened/heightened based upon what time i'm checking in and occupancy level of the hotel... late in the evening most rooms will have been assigned and less chance of having my request filled if hotel is close to sold-out, in between official check-in/check-out time and a less full hotel i would be less concerned).

If you decide to go with the 2 rooms, i'd call the hotel after booking and put in my bedding request. I also wouldn't volunteer paying extra... have the rest of the party wait someplace else in the lobby or begin to 'tour' the hotel while one adult from each room checks-in.

Let us know what you decide and how it all worked out.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Good point about the check-in time. We'll be arriving late at night which is why I thought about staying at the airport (saving money on expensive Disney hotel and not having to worry about getting a car and finding our hotel in the dark in a strange city). Then getting up in the morning and getting our rental car and going to our hotel near Disney World. On the way back, though, we could check in at a more reasonable time when there would probably be more room selection. I'm going to discuss it with the others and I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the help.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...

I've used Hotwire for three years now. We're a family of two adults and four teenagers. Always put down two rooms, + 2 adults & four children. Always had enough beds in the rooms. Had some great wins too, including Inter-Continental in Boston two years ago for $70 per room per night, and Sheraton Towers in Toronto for $48. This year we've mixed it up with Priceline.

However, until we have seen the room, we always go in as two seperate parties, one ot book in the other to tour around.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]