Priceline Hotel: 3* Atlanta (Midtown) Residence Inn Midtown

jhMLB
By jhMLB,
in

So this is my second time at this. I learned a LOT last year when I was trying to do the same thing.

This year I made sure to use my free rebid zones :)

The areas I were focused on were 3* downtown, midtown, and buckhead.

The non 3-star free rebid zones were:

5 Forest Park

10 Jonesboro

15 Morrow

20 Stockbridge

22 Union City

I started with downtown at $30, 35, 40, 45, 50, and unfortunately 55 (last free rebid zone) did not work

I switched to midtown at $35, 40, 45, 50, and then 55 worked.

I'm very happy with the $55 price as it is significantly cheaper than the $169 online retail price, but I was hoping to get the downtown area (not sure what bid would have eventually worked though).

Also for those curious this hotel was purchased for the sake of Passion 2011 (where 20,000+ college students will gather), so I think that's why the 3* might have been a bit pricier than usual.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and that the information on the board has been helpful with your travel purchases.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and have fun at the sake of Passion 2011.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I used to live in Midtown, it's a far better neighborhood than downtown(in terms of crime and aggressive homeless(the ones in midtown might ask for change but won't pester you))

There are actually two Residence Inns in midtown. There is one at 1365 Peachtree Street and the other one is 1041 West Peachtree Street Northwest.

the one at 1041 West Peachtree is only about 2 blocks from a Marta station. 1365 Peachtree is a little further to the station and that station is also 1 more stop further away from downtown.

Also hotels are a premium around NYE in Atlanta due to the peach drop and the Chick-fil-a bowl(and now this convention)

the one at 1041 West Peachtree is only about 2 blocks from a Marta station. 1365 Peachtree is a little further to the station and that station is also 1 more stop further away from downtown.

Also hotels are a premium around NYE in Atlanta due to the peach drop and the Chick-fil-a bowl(and now this convention)

The hotel I won was 1365 Peachtree. I didn't realize there was another, thanks for the question so I could clarify.

The hotel I won was 1365 Peachtree. I didn't realize there was another, thanks for the question so I could clarify.

thank you. I'm looking at taking the old lady for a weekend in our old neighborhood, this is a hotel that we like.

Have a good time! And remember, go to the Varsity.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]