Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* San Diego (Mission Valley-Hotel Circle) Ramada Plaza Hotel Circle

Hunnypot4pooh
By Hunnypot4pooh,
in

This was a surprise as Betterbidding shows this hotel as a 3*. We thought perhaps we were going to get the Mission Valley Resort since the amenities were similar, but got this instead:

Ramada Plaza Hotel Circle South

2151 Hotel Circle South

San Diego, CA 92108

Amenities:

2.5 star

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

High Speed Internet

Golf Nearby

When I called the hotel to ask if they could put us in adjoining rooms they said it would be no problem since they were only at 50% capacity right now.

Congratulations on your success!

While not the hotel you were expecting it appears that this too will work for your needs and nice to see that the hotel is accommodating your request for a connecting room.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new star rating for this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Brief hotel review:

As expected, we had two adjoining rooms. The rooms were small but nice. Soft while comforters, comfortable beds. Good maid service. As a bonus, there was a sink inside the bathroom and a second sink right outide the bathroom in the vanity area. With three ladies in my room, this was much appreciated.

No refrigerator or microwave. Free coffee in lobby and a coffee maker in the room.

The pool area was a bit of a walk, but the water was well heated. The jacuzzi was quite hot (too hot for me, but others liked it). Pool open until midnight.

Free parking. $1 wash and $1 dry in the laundry area (hours: 7am-10pm).

On the downside, the rooms were a bit small for two double beds. The table and chairs in the corner of the room actually blocked the adjoining doors and we had to move them a bit and *squeeze* through to get into the adjoining room. This was so inconvenient we often just went around to the front door instead. Also, one of our rooms had very little hot water in the shower, which made two of us use the shower in the adjoining room. Also, that same room had a bathroom door that would not shut and an energy saving light switch that was not working. So basically, one room had problems and the other room was great.

Yes, I would stay there again for $38 per room. But the first thing I will do is run the shower to see if it gets hot water. If it doesn't, I will go to the front desk immediately and ask for a different room.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]