Priceline Hotel: 3* Birmingham (Hoover) Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham SW/Riverchase Galleria

melrew
By melrew,
in

I am new to this board and would like some help on getting a hotel in Hoover, AL. My travel dates are check in 10/29 check out 10/31. My ideal is Hoover but am ok with Homewood. Inverness would be my next choice with Pelham as a last resort. Our limit is $75 a night but hope to find one much cheaper. Any suggestions on bidding strategies is welcome. Any ideas on typical hotels in this area through Priceline? Thanks for your help!

Welcoome to BetterBidding!

What star rating are you seeking? Are you willing to pay more for a hotel in a zone higher up in your preference hierarchy OR is your goal the least expensive hotel in any of your acceptable zones?

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was hoping for 3* in my desired area. A 2 star might be ok I just don't know what hotels fall in this category. 3* is the highest level in Hoover, but if I add Inverness I can choose 3 1/2* and up. Also, I think Homewood is out unless there's a way to guarantee of a certain area in Homewood. My husband is from there and he is concerened about some parts of Homewood. We are going for his sister's wedding so staying in Hoover is pretty important. I saw on Priceline's page a recent winning bid for a 3* in Hoover was $56. Would you say this a reasonable expectation? Thanks again!

I think Homewood is out unless there's a way to guarantee of a certain area in Homewood.
If you can't accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone then you shouldn't include that zone in your bidding.
...staying in Hoover is pretty important. I saw on Priceline's page a recent winning bid for a 3* in Hoover was $56. Would you say this a reasonable expectation?
We don't see much bidding in this area, and discounts are often not as deep in less populated areas, but we can give it a try. However, i just took a look at hotel direct rates in this area for your dates and $56 may be a stretch. It appears some hotels are sold-out for Saturday nite, do you know if some event (other than your husband's sister's wedding) is taking place which would drive up demand for Saturday nite? Did the wedding reserve a block of rooms at any hotel?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 years later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them so that others can benefit from the information in a timely manner and as a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]