Priceline Hotel: 3* Milwaukee Downtown - Hyatt Regency

Welldone Rumproast
By Welldone Rumproast,
in

Success on the first try :) I was hoping for the HY due to the Faster Free Nights promo:

Hyatt Regency Milwaukee

333 West Kilbourn Avenue

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. 53203

Your Offer Price: $40.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $40.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $11.51

Total Charges: $51.51

Notes:

The HY website lists a USD 119 prepaid rate and USD 139 standard rate

Processing time was about 45 seconds (on a Saturday morning)

I linked to PL through Savings Barn - seamless, no problems :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my last night of a one week stay in Milwaukee at the Hyatt (the other 5 nights were at the Hilton City Center)-

I'd be interested to hear if they give you credit for any stays purchased through PL.. Hyatt in St. Louis rejected me for the program they had going last summer.. I don't think I even inquired at Hyatt... having given up all hope!!!

Hilton said no-can-do on the 4 PL nights I was there....

By the way.. Hyatt was nice.. with the added touch of a fake Starbucks in the lobby- although there's a real one just across the river from it (2 blocks at most) opening up this week (the ONLY starbucks in downtown Milwaukee!!)

and in case anybody's keeping tabs... my son got 2nd on Pommel, 3rd on Floor and 6th overall at the National Gymnastics Championships!! Yeah!!!! :)

Hi Ringman -

First off, congrats to your son on his achievements :) - a very close friend had (until recently, see below) a son involved in gymnastics, and I am very aware of how much time and effort the athlete AND the parents put into the pursuit of this great sport.

I put up a review of my stay HERE

I will update the review to verify that the Gold Passport points did indeed post (this is my first Hyatt/Priceline stay). The "conventional wisdom" is that Hyatt, Marriott and Starwood will give points for incidentals, while Hilton policy is not to give any credit or points whatsoever (of course, that is not to say that people shouldn't try, as training in individual hotels is "uneven", to say the least).

=====

About my friend's son, the young man started at age 6 and made it to Level 5 (or was it 4?) and went to the "Future Stars" at Colorado Springs. But between age 12-13, he "hit the wall" and ended his participation in the sport entirely. The boy is a straight-A student so I think it was a combination of burnout and puberty :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]